Sr. Software Engineer Full Stack 5Englewood, Colorado
Who You Are
You are passionate about solving real world problems using technology. You want to work directly with clients, understanding their business and using technology to solve their problems and improve efficiency—delivering solutions that the clients truly benefit from!
Problem solving gets you excited, especially with others in a team working tightly with the client. Collaboration and communication are your strengths. You find working with people from around the world to be exciting and stimulating.
You either know or are passionate about learning the Airline business. You see yourself contributing in workshops and communicating with different stakeholders as part of gathering requirements.
You thrive in a dynamic environment and see change as something positive.
- As part of an Agile implementation team, you will deliver client projects by configuring and customizing our world-leading Flight Planning and Optimization applications using Java, XML, Python, Java Script and other languages.
- You will use a test-driven development methodology to ensure top quality, developing automated test cases as you code.
- You will work directly with the internal client to understand their needs and business objectives and use that information to capture requirements.
- You will explain design decisions and technical solutions in a clear and confident way to clients, while managing client expectations and building long-term client relationships.
- Solid programming ability, either through education, experience, or a combination of both
- Ability to work effectively in a Unix / Linux environment
- Experience developing software in the cloud with infrastructure as code in a DevOps environment
- Strong communication and people skills
- Problem solving experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More