Sr. Solution ArchitectEnglewood, Colorado
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Digital Aviation Solutions is looking for a Senior Solution Architect based out of Englewood, Colorado.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) Product Research & Incubation is leading the charge to solve digital aviation challenges and to develop new customer and industry facing transformational offerings. We conduct applied research and business acumen to determine the next generation of digital products and services for Commercial, Business, and Military aviation. We are looking for leading edge thinkers and doers who are up for the exciting challenge of taking new product ideas and turning them into reality.
We are Product Research & Incubation, a pragmatic R&D shop that provides customer value by accelerating new ideas to market.
This position is a critical role within our Denver Incubator team.
- Leads activities to define requirements, design and verify robust architecture, data and information management systems and components.
- Leads the identification of design constraints and ensures architecture conforms to requirements.
- Incorporates architecture functions into software development lifecycle.
- Leads the development and configuration management of architecture views and models.
- Assesses of feasibility of architecture solutions and alternatives.
- Performs trade-off analyses.
- Evaluates products to assess suitability for integration into delivery system environments.
- Drafts data and information management products and service standards.
- Assesses impact of architectural decisions to product lifecycle.
- Develops architecture and data/information management standards and strategies.
- Coaches and mentors others.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite 3 days per week at the posted location.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of software / solution architecture experience
- Deep understanding of SDLC, full-stack development, microservice patterns, API integration, programming languages
- Ability to translate business requirements into system & technical requirements
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing cloud-based architectures for customer-facing systems.
- Demonstrated experience leading technical development teams in a global environment
- Demonstrated experience working in a CI/CD automation and test automation environment
- 2+ years of Agile and/or SAFe
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of software / solution architecture experience
- A relevant undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering, or other technical field.
- Familiarity with FFU, cloud native architecture best practices, cloud security
- Experience in the aviation industry or other regulated industries
- Experience applying DevOps and/or DevSecOps practices
- Experience with modern engineering and design systems
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience, 13 years' related work experience, etc.)
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience, 18 years' related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
“At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Colorado Summary pay range: $130,900.00 –$177,100.00
Colorado Summary pay range: $153,000.00 –$207,000.00
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities