Associate Chemical Quality Test SpecialistEverett, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Research & Technology Team is looking for an Associate Chemical Quality Test Specialist based out of Everett, Washington.
We are Boeing Research & Technology: Boeing's global research and development team creating and implementing innovative technologies that make the impossible possible and enabling the future of aerospace. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and bold innovators; As an Analytical Chemistry Technician working in the Everett Fluids Laboratory you will be providing critical quality control tests required for the delivery of Boeing Commercial Airplanes. Join us and put your passion, determination, and skill to work building the future.
- Assists with the development or improvement of inspection or test techniques.
- Assists in the design and creation of test coupons to validate equipment or determine product acceptance.
- Follows documented procedures to set up and calibrate specialized test or measurement equipment.
- Assists in the documentation of procedures for setting up and calibrating test equipment.
- Follows documented procedures to perform tests or inspections and collects data for evaluation of process equipment, software, solutions, products or materials.
- Analyzes routine test, inspection or statistical data to determine product and processes conformity or assists with standard corrective action recommendations.
- Elevates anomalous results as required.
- Documents and communicates standard test, analysis or measurement results to ensure compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Works under general supervision.
- All other duties as required.
Do you now (or will you in the future) require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Must be willing to work variable shifts, including weekends and overtime. Some positions may also be rotating shifts. Work will be 2nd shift (4 X 10hrs) per week and includes either Saturday or Sunday (most likely Sunday).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in either Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Good team working and communication skills.
- Ability to manage time to maximize productivity.
- Ability to quickly and accurately conduct required Quality Control tests.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. 2 years' related work experience).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award:
No, this position is not contingent upon program award.
This is a union represented position. In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More