Associate Methods Process AnalystEverett, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking an Associate Methods Process Analyst to support our operations in Everett, Washington.
Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment engaging with all levels of leadership? What about transforming data into information used to influence business decisions? How about improving processes that directly impact airplane affordability? At the Everett Delivery Center, the Industrial Engineering team supports Pre-Flight & Delivery Operations and Paint Operations, performs core business planning and leads lean improvements across multiple Boeing Commercial Airplane programs (747, 767, 777 and 787) as well as Tanker.
- Develops forecast, acquisition, and utilization plans to optimize resources in support of company initiatives and program business plans under the guidance of experienced analysts.
- Develops and maintains basic Business System factory definition to be used for manufacturing planning.
- Conducts analysis of current and future business environment using established guidelines.
- Contributes to the development of labor hour estimates for new or revised production and tooling work packages under the guidance of experienced analysts.
- Monitors performance to established labor hour estimates.
- Under the guidance of experienced analysts, assists in the development of integrated tool and production master schedules by developing tool and position plan/documents, tool downtimes, rate flow plans, #1 flows, and tool sequencing plans to maximize the efficiency of equipment, material and personnel.
- Assists in the identification and implementation of improvements to processes by analyzing current processes and utilizing established improvement methodologies to maximize the efficiency of equipment and personnel and to support company improvement initiatives.
- Under guidance of experienced analyst, analyzes changes to approved plans resulting from unplanned events. Assesses the impact of the changes that occur to cost, schedule, resources, and delivery.
- Develops modifications to existing plans and obtain approval. Participates in negotiations representing Production and Tooling Operations to support schedule commitments or statement of work impacts.
- Under the guidance of more experienced analysts, develops, implements, maintains, and statuses complex integrated shop operating plans to maximize the efficiency of equipment and personnel and to reduce inventory and meet cost and schedule commitments.
- Gathers and analyzes shop performance metrics in order to support a recommend plan of action for Production and Tooling Management.
This is a union represented position.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22. C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
- Proficiency and experience working with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- 1+ year experience with presenting to executive level management.
- Ability to walk, stand, and enter into aircraft via steps or ladders.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Strong competencies in communication, problem solving, building positive relationships, leading and presenting.
- Strong desire to work with people while delivering results.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in any of the following: Aeronautics, Business Management, Business Administration, Industrial Technology, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Economics, Finance, Construction Management, Supply Chain Management or Technical Management.
- Preferred candidate will have experience in 3 or more of the following: Process Management, Process Measurement, Performance Metrics, Root Cause Analysis, Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, Manufacturing Operations (Support), Business Case Analysis, Forecast, Resource Scheduling, Operating Plans, Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
- Business processes experience.
- Ability to interact with employees to gather data for process improvements. This may include observing and documenting processes, and collecting data in manufacturing areas or in aircraft during various production phases.
- Candidate may be in proximity to chemicals when observing/gathering data in an area in the factory where chemicals are in use.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+1 years' related work experience, 7 years' related work experience, etc.).
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More