Associate, Mid-Level & Experienced Equipment & Tool Engineers- 767/ Tanker ProgramEverett, Washington; Puyallup, Washington; Auburn, Washington; Renton, Washington
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, our engineers share a passion to redefine what’s possible. To turn dreams into reality. To bring cutting-edge technology to market. If you are seeking a dynamic, innovative environment, this opportunity is for you!
Join Boeing Production Engineering in building our next generation of amazing products. Each day, you'll work alongside experts in production, quality, design, and supply chain roles to guide aircraft from design to delivery and beyond. Bring your ideas to Boeing and help shape the future of aerospace manufacturing.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking Equipment & Tool Engineers to support 767/Tanker Program in Everett Washington. A successful candidate in this role will have passion, creativity, and an insatiable desire for process improvement and efficiency. They will also have a strong desire to be out in the factory, interacting with mechanics, and directly supporting the production system. In Production Engineering, we need highly responsible professionals committed to upholding the highest standards of safety, quality, and integrity.
Our Teams are currently hiring for a broad range of experience levels including Associate, Mid-Level, and Experienced Equipment & Tool Engineers.
In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
- Provides engineering expertise in tooling structures and equipment.
- Develops program and project requirements, develops highly complex equipment and tooling concepts and designs solutions, including alternatives for the Production System.
- Develops complex data package (e.g., usage instructions, procurement information, test plan, etc.) to satisfy design release requirements.
- Ensures compliance with safety, producibility, maintainability, reliability, ergonomic factors and regulatory requirements.
- Validates analysis of technical data, influences product engineering design and industrial controls, automation or technical recommendations to support production system integration for a aerospace products.
- Leads gated reviews and develops plans for production readiness, preventative maintenance and spares.
- Leads the creation and modification of equipment and tooling definition at the program level.
- Coordinates with aircraft engineering and manufacturing engineering on tool interfaces.
- Conducts studies and make recommendation for disposition of assets.
- Executes project plans, provides input to Make/Buy decisions and partners with Procurement to meet program schedule, cost and quality targets.
- Manages tool engineering work packages which are offloaded to design suppliers and jointly supports technical inquiries that arise during tool manufacture.
- Participates in tool/equipment try-outs to ensure requirements are met.
- Investigates design-engineering changes to maintain engineering configuration and initiates action.
- Validates contractual performance milestones.
- In Electrical Controls roles: Program, integrate, and/or troubleshoot complex production equipment, including but not limited to: Industrial controls, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Numerical Controls (NC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), and/or automatic drives
- Work in a cross-functional team alongside specialists from manufacturing, quality, safety, post-production services, product development, suppliers, and vendors
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the organization by communicating, collaborating, teaching, and mentoring others
Work Authorization Statement:
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in an engineering discipline
- Minimum 1 year of experience with production systems in a manufacturing or engineering capacity
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3 or more years of experience working in an Equipment or Tool Engineering role
- 3 or more years of experience working in a production environment
- 3 or more years of CATIA or equivalent solid modeling experience
- 3 or more years of experience with programming, integrating or troubleshooting industrial controls.
- 1 or more years leading teams in a leadership role
- 1 or more years of experience working to industry standards including compliance with electrical and safety codes
- 1 or more years of experience working with hardware and/or software configuration management
- Must be a motivated leader/self-starter that may be asked to train less experienced engineers.
- Experience using basic Microsoft Office and office computing systems
- Experience in Automation and robotics
- Ability to learn in a fast paced environment
- Ability to collaborate with both the engineering work force and the mechanics on the factory floor
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
- Bachelor's and 3 or more years' experience
- Master's with 1 or more years' experience
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, engineering technology, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Non-Union or Union Representation:
- Union Represented
- This position is for 1st shift.
- All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
- Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Pay Range Summary:
- Associate Level: $81,600- $110,400
- Mid-Level: $96,050- $129,950
- Experienced Level: $118,150- $159,850
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award