Associate, Mid-Level & Experienced Equipment & Tool Engineers- 777 ProgramEverett, Washington; Puyallup, Washington; Auburn, Washington; Renton, Washington
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, our engineers share a passion to redefine what’s possible. To turn dreams into reality. To bring cutting-edge technology to market. If you are seeking a dynamic, innovative environment, this opportunity is for you!
Join Boeing Production Engineering in building our next generation of amazing products. Each day, you'll work alongside experts in production, quality, design, and supply chain roles to guide aircraft from design to delivery and beyond. Bring your ideas to Boeing and help shape the future of aerospace manufacturing.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking Mid-Level Tool Engineers to support the tooling for the 777-300ER, 777-200F, 777-9X, and 777-8FX models of Boeing aircraft. As a Tool Engineer, you will support a variety of tooling that is required to build the 777 fleet. This tooling is constantly reviewed for safety as well as accommodation of new models and new technology; several new engineers are needed to support production system improvements to safely produce quality aircraft reliably each time. One type of tooling application at Boeing includes small tools that require a high level of ingenuity and engineering knowledge to be utilized in high precision, limited space applications. Conversely, other tooling applications involve highly complex multi-purpose and multi-cell automation. Both, highly diverse, types of tooling are equally as important to the future of Boeing as are the engineers who design them.
A successful candidate in this role will have passion, creativity, and an insatiable desire for process improvement and efficiency. They will also have a strong desire to be out in the factory, interacting with mechanics, safety, and equipment services, and directly supporting the production system. In Production Engineering, we need highly responsible professionals committed to upholding the highest standards of safety, quality, and integrity.
Our Teams are currently hiring for a broad range of experience levels including Associate, Mid-Level, and Experienced Equipment & Tool Engineers.
In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
This is an equipment and tooling development, implementation, and improvement role. Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Evaluates program and project requirements, develops complex equipment and tooling concepts and designs solutions for the Production System.
- Compiles and analyzes technical data to determine the effects on product engineering design, usability, and rate estimates.
- Ensures compliance with safety, producibility, maintainability, reliability, ergonomic factors and regulatory requirements.
- Troubleshoots current production issues related to quality, safety, and repeatability.
- Develops and implements work-arounds and maintains configuration of hardware and documentation.
- Perform studies and make recommendations for disposition of assets.
- Develops concepts and designs in CATIA and present them for technical and financial approval.
Work Authorization Statement:
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in an engineering discipline
- Minimum 1 year of experience with production systems in a manufacturing or engineering capacity
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5 or more years of experience working in an Equipment or Tool Engineering role
- 5 or more years of experience working in a production environment
- 3 or more years of CATIA V5 solid modeling experience
- 3 or more years of working GD&T experience
- 1 or more years leading teams in a leadership role
- 1 or more years of experience working to industry standards including compliance with hardware and safety codes
- 1 or more years of experience working with hardware configuration management
- Project Management Knowledge
- Strong Communication Skills
- Motivated self-starter that may be asked to train less experienced engineers.
- Ability to collaborate with both the engineering work force and the mechanics on the factory floor
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
- Bachelor's and 3 or more years' experience
- Master's with 1 or more years' experience
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, engineering technology, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Non-Union or Union Representation:
- Union Represented
- This position is for 1st shift.
- All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
- Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Pay Range Summary:
- Associate Level: $81,600- $110,400
- Mid-Level: $96,050- $129,950
- Experienced Level: $118,150- $159,850
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award