Associate Reliability and Maintainability Technician
Everett, Washington; Renton, Washington
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
“Boeing is committed to diversity and inclusion. This is important to us. We’re a global company. We have diverse customers. We work in a diverse world. Being committed to a diverse, inclusive workforce makes us a better company. ”Natalie Nill Mechanical Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Associate Reliability and Maintainability Technician
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company Reliability & Maintainability Engineering (R&M) organization is seeking an Associated Maintainability Analyst to help design, analyze & support commercial airplanes by applying state-of-art maintainability engineering design, modeling and analysis principles. R&M engineering is a key functional discipline that supports the airplane development for optimal performance, lifecycle economics & compliance to safety and airworthiness requirements.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
R&M Maintainability analyst will use modeling, simulation and data analytics methodologies & tools including statistical and spatial Integration analyses.
- Serve as a technical specialist supporting other functional design groups during all stages of the airplane product development and support lifecycle.
- Responsible for analyzing component installation and maintenance access including mechanic and tool positioning and maintenance human factors.
- Responsible supporting program technical performance measures (TPMs) such as schedule reliability, airplane operational availability & maintenance cost.
Provide support in the following areas:
- Design for Maintainability includes: evaluation of maintenance human factors, airplane and system design maintainability requirements validation & verification, task time analysis, maintainability evaluation of design using digital maintainability tools including virtual and augmented reality tools.
- Design for Mechanic Safety includes: ensuring that tools, aircraft equipment installations, support equipment and task instructions are safe.
- Verify requirements for and assessment of airplane technical performance measures (TPMs) such as schedule reliability, airplane operational availability & maintenance costs, TPM analysis.
- Interact with airplane design engineers, equipment managers, system suppliers, business partners, airplane development program leaders, and functional management.
- Provide a high level of communication between the rest of the R&M internal organization, program teams, and functional design areas.
- Team involvement and individual effort, problem solving, and managing multiple actions and assignments will be regular duties for an R&M analyst.
- Supports team to develop and document certification processes, tools and procedures.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Experience with MS Office products
- Experience with CATIA, Team center, AutoCAD or similar tools
- Airframe and Power plant (A&P) mechanics license or military equivalent
- Experience with commercial or military airplane maintenance
- One year or more of experience in aircraft maintenance or similar fields.
- Associate degree in engineering, aviation, human factors, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
This position does offer relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
This is a union-represented position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award