Aviation Maintenance Technician & Inspector-AOGEverett, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Aircraft on Ground (AOG) is seeking dedicated professionals who are highly skilled and self-motivated to provide AOG type emergent work utilizing skills and abilities to ensure quality products for Boeing customers worldwide and locally support for Boeing products in the Puget Sound and abroad
- Support Boeing products in the Puget Sound and abroad.
- Functional Test/Avionics/Electrical Technician.
- Structural Mechanic and Composite Repair Technician rework.
- Travel anytime, anywhere with little to no advance notice.
- Accept assignments on any shift.
- Operate computing equipment to access job information.
- Work with other highly skilled employees in close proximity in a team like environment.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience in all aspects of the Aircraft on Ground (AOG) work.
- Must be able to acquire and maintain core certifications to perform AOG work
- Boeing drawing knowledge.
- Must be able to work any shift, overtime and holidays as required.
- Be willing and able to work for extended periods of time for many days in adverse conditions and environments.
- Use and understand various precision measuring tools.
- Be able to communicate and take direction.
- Must be deemed physically able to perform AOG type work after a medical evaluation
- This position requires an individual when working at heights to utilize fall protection equipment that has weight limitations.
- Must be able to obtain a United States passport.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Preferred Qualification (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Maintenance Manual experience desired.
- Prefer an "A" or "A&P" license and at least 5 years aircraft manufacturing experience associated with Boeing wide/single body aircraft models.
- High school graduate or GED preferred
Other Relevant Information:
- This is a Safety Sensitive position. If you are being hired or transferring into a position where you will perform a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) safety-sensitive function, you are first required to undergo Pre-Employment drug testing for the presence of marijuana, cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine (PCP), and amphetamines, or a metabolite.
- Will be subject to an FAA mandated drug and alcohol test with random checks.
- Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed in QTTP.
- This is an Evergreen requisition therefore job location may be in any Puget Sound (Seattle area) location.
- This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
- Work may be performed at any location both domestic and abroad.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More