BCA Structures Stress Analysis Engineer 2Everett, Washington; Renton, Washington
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This is a great opportunity to work in the Commercial Airplanes Washington Design Center, as a Structures Stress Analysis Engineer.
At Boeing, our engineers share a passion to redefine what’s possible. To turn dreams into reality. To bring cutting edge technology to market. If you are seeking a dynamic, innovative environment, this opportunity is for you!
During the last 100 years, humans went from walking on Earth to walking on the moon. With each decade, aviation technology crossed another frontier and the world was changed. From the depths of the ocean, to Mars and beyond, Boeing is inspiring the next century of explorers. Our engineers work on cutting-edge aerospace technology. We are a team of fast-paced and eager engineers; skilled scientists and thinkers; bold innovators willing to push boundaries. Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of aerospace as we now know it.
- Perform structural, systems, or interior analysis using well defined analysis tools.
- Support test execution and analyze/report test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Assist with supplier development, test and production activities and coordination with the supplier to optimize the design and achieve program goals.
- Define and document certification and test results to substantiate compliance to customers’ and regulatory agencies’ (FAA, EASA, and other national agencies) requirements.
- Support production and provide technical solutions, including involvement in factory build, test and associated troubleshooting.
- Help develop new materials, methods, tools, and designs to support future programs.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylum.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in one of the following engineering majors. Mechanical, Aerospace, Civil, or Material Science (with composite focus), and select Structures degrees.
- 2 or more years’ of experience in aircraft structure, materials and properties, design criteria and release processes.
- 2 or more years’ in aircraft structural analysis.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working with finite element models/simulations using NASTRAN/PATRAN, ABAQUS, Hypermesh.
- Experience with 3D modeling such as CATIA/ENOVIA for model interrogation and verification.
- Experience with Boeing specific applications such IAS, CWS, SA and others.
- Combination of Metallic and Composite experiences is desired.
- Programming experience such as VBA, Python, and others.
- Experience/Familiarity with structural design principles for aircraft primary structures (e.g., fatigue, damage tolerance, corrosion, stress analysis, statics, materials strength, material characteristics, and repair techniques).
- Experience/Familiarity in Airplane Design, Stress Analysis, Liaison Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering strongly preferred.
- Experience with Boeing 7-Series Aircraft Primary Structures is desired.
- Strong written, verbal communications and presentation skills.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This position is for 1st shift.
This is a union represented position
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award