Crane Maintenance MechanicEverett, Washington; Renton, Washington; Auburn, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking several Crane Mechanics to join their team in Puget Sound, Washington. This is a union represented position and this is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
- Inspect, maintain, repair, rebuild, retrofit, modify, assemble, disassemble, troubleshoot, analyze, diagnose, calibrate, adjust, and test mechanical systems and or subsystems of all types of cranes such as, but not limited to cab operated, radio controlled, jib type, pendant operated, etc. Know, understand, and work in compliance with SHEA and other applicable codes and regulations for overhead cranes
- Coordinate and work with management, engineering, equipment vendors, and other organizations to analyze equipment design requirements and capabilities. Use schematics, blueprints, sketches, manuals, technical documents, written information, verbal information, applicable procedures, codes and ordinances
- Determine and/or develop methods where procedures may not be available
- Devise and make shop aids to facilitate work
- Operate and utilize mechanical, test equipment and test systems, precision devices in failure analysis, all forms of predictive/preventative technologies, as required on cranes
- Operate, use and maintain overhead maintenance work platforms
- Maintain, adjust, install and repair, hydraulic, pneumatic and electric brake system components on cranes and bridges as requires. Inspect and maintain building runway rails and expansion joints
- Maintain mechanical crane and hoist systems including cables, chain, sheaves and hooks. Perform the operational tests and load tests of cranes and bridges as required by Engineering, SHEA and other applicable codes and regulation
- Maintain logs, charts, and perform written and verbal tie-in records
- Prepare reports and schedules as required. Work with and assist employees of other classifications as required
- Perform work in other classifications when incidental but necessary to the accomplishment of the assignment.
- Work with and assist other crane maintenance personnel, such as crane electricians, crane engineers, technical craftspeople and millwrights
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
Must be willing to work variable shifts, including weekends and overtime. Some positions may also be rotating shifts
- Experience using schematics, blueprints, sketches, manuals, technical documents, written information, verbal information, applicable procedures, codes and ordinances
- Experience maintaining mechanical cranes and hoists systems including cables, chain sheaves and hooks
- This position requires an individual when working at heights to utilize fall protection equipment that has weight limitations.
- Ability to obtain Crane Maintenance certification within 6 months of obtaining position
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience inspecting and maintaining building runway rails and expansion joints
- Preference given to those with 2 years overhead crane experience
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More