Cybersecurity Engineer - Entry Level
Everett, Washington; Seattle, Washington
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Cybersecurity Engineer - Entry Level
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplane is seeking an Aviation Product Cybersecurity Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will work with analysts to develop airplane level security assessment. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of cyber security concepts and techniques including network architecture, embedded systems security and PKI infrastructure.
- Working on Advanced Security Features development of new concepts and technology that apply to commercial aviation products (including machine learning, deep learning & artificial intelligence).
- Assessing risks, threats and vulnerabilities of the product assets and production systems in accordance with accepted industry, professional, and government standards to ensure security design integrity, availability, confidentiality, and regulatory compliance.
- Developing security requirements and coordinate with different systems stakeholders.
Performing requirements verification on system security engineering products using inspection, analysis, demonstration, and test methods.
- Coordinating with security testers to validate coverage and impacts to analysis.
- Supporting airplane certification through coordination with FAA and Authorized Representatives.
- Providing technical data and develop documentation in accordance with requirements and system security engineering processes and procedures for internal reference and external delivery.
This is a union position.
Relocation benefits are Available for eligible candidates.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry by June 2020
- Completed College level coursework in cyber security
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Experience or coursework of network architecture, embedded systems security and PKI infrastructure
- Professional certificates in information assurance and/or cyber security
- Less than 1 year experience with embedded systems security
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.