Electronic Technician Precision Tool MaintenanceEverett, Washington; Renton, Washington
Electronic Precision Machine Tool Technicians do the following:
Repair critical equipment, perform preventive and predictive maintenance, and complete projects such as electronic hardware upgrades. Communicate accurately, concisely, and professionally with your customer as to important repair steps taken, parts ordered and time estimated until completion.
Repair and or replace defective equipment, overhaul, rebuild and assemble a wide variety of plant equipment, including numerically controlled machines, Robotics & end effectors, modular assembly equipment, precision-built machines, material handling equipment, and stationary generator sets and process equipment.
Install, service, maintain, upgrade, and modify machine tools and process equipment. Use technical knowledge, existing procedures (or develop new procedures), and internal/external resources to diagnose and correct equipment and/or system malfunctions. Modify, test, calibrate, and document system configurations to meet compliance requirements. Use various types of computing systems or electronic/electrical test equipment to test accuracy of electronic/electrical components/systems or to determine accuracy of equipment. Work with Management, Engineering, equipment manufacturers, vendors, and other organizations to analyze and make recommendations on facility and equipment design requirements, capability and improvements.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Our company aspiration for Boeing’s second century is clear: to be the best in aerospace and an enduring global industrial champion—a top performer in all areas of our business as compared to the world’s best companies.
Recently, FORTUNE Magazine released its annual list of “The World’s Most Admired Companies,” Boeing placed 25th overall and reclaimed its No. 1 ranking in the aerospace and defense industry—our fifth title since 2013. These results reflect the strength of our products and services, and the skill, talent and dedication of our global One Boeing team. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Seattle and the state of Washington is a beautiful community which boasts great transit, good public schools, a robust system for public beaches and parks, wonderful marinas and safe streets. Nature is right outside your door and you have a short ride to the mountains and beaches. Enjoy our community summer concerts in the park, farmers markets and small town parades.
- Frequent (3-6 hrs) exposure to noise. Frequently (3-6 Hrs) Sit, Walk, Stand, Climb/Balance, Rotation of Head/neck, Flexion (head bent down, head bent back), Twisting at the waist, Handling/Grasping, Keyboarding/Mouse, Repetitive motion, Fine finger manipulation The following physical demands may be requirements of this job. Occasional (1-3 Hrs) fine motor skills, lifting less than 10 pounds, sitting. Occasional exposure to noise, Occasional use of face/eye protection. This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement
- Capable of working any shift. Shift will remain consistent based on seniority and IAM contractual agreements. Overtime is an essential part of this job.
- This position requires an individual when working at heights to utilize fall protection equipment that has weight limitations. Prefer 2 year Associates Degree or equivalent in the machine tool electrical maintenance field. Minimum 5 years electrical and electronic troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of digital circuits, analog circuits, computers, microprocessors, network, systems and high frequency circuitry is required.
- Knowledge of electrical systems including National Electrical Code, basic relay logic and high voltage systems is required.
- Physical Abilities, Capable of working of working at heights greater than (4) foot when required, climb a 15ft vertical ladder, enter into a small confined space, Rotate Neck, Bend at waist and head, stoop, arch backward, twist, squat, crouch, kneel, and crawl, lie down and operate foot controls. Lift; carry various weights, push/pull, reach, sit, walk, stand, balance, climb stairs, ladders and lifts and mobile equipment. Hand/arm protection, (gloves) and hearing protection (earmuffs and helmets. Potential for work around electromagnetic fields as a result of various types of production equipment.
- Successful applicant will be required to pass an on-line assessment.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. US person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More