Equipment & Tool Engineer – BCA (Associate, Experienced, or Senior Level)Everett, Washington; Puyallup, Washington; Auburn, Washington; Renton, Washington
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking Equipment & Tool Engineers to support all locations and programs within the Puget Sound region, such as 777X, 767/Tanker, 737 Programs, Fabrication Division, and more. A successful candidate in this role will have passion, creativity, and an insatiable desire for process improvement and efficiency. They will also have a strong desire to be out in the factory, interacting with mechanics, and directly supporting the production system. In Production Engineering, we need highly responsible professionals committed to upholding the highest standards of safety, quality, and integrity.
Our Teams are currently hiring for a broad range of experience levels including Associate, Mid-Level, and Experienced Equipment & Tool Engineers.
- Provides engineering expertise in tooling structures and equipment.
- Develops program and project requirements, develops highly complex equipment and tooling concepts and designs solutions, including alternatives for the Production System.
- Develops complex data package (e.g., usage instructions, procurement information, test plan, etc.) to satisfy design release requirements.
- Ensures compliance with safety, producibility, maintainability, reliability, ergonomic factors and regulatory requirements.
- Validates analysis of technical data, influences product engineering design and makes robotics, automation or technical recommendations to support production system integration for a aerospace products.
- Leads gated reviews and develops plans for production readiness, preventative maintenance and spares.
- Leads the creation and modification of equipment and tooling definition at the program level.
- Coordinates with aircraft engineering and manufacturing engineering on tool interfaces.
- Conducts studies and make recommendation for disposition of assets.
- Executes project plans, provides input to Make/Buy decisions and partners with Procurement to meet program schedule, cost and quality targets.
- Manages tool engineering work packages which are offloaded to design suppliers and jointly supports technical inquiries that arise during tool manufacture.
- Participates in tool/equipment try-outs to ensure requirements are met.
- Investigates design-engineering changes to maintain engineering configuration and initiates action.
- Validates contractual performance milestones.
- In Electrical Controls roles: Program, integrate, and/or troubleshoot complex production equipment, including but not limited to: industrial robots, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Numerical Controls (NC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), and/or automatic drives
- Work in a cross-functional team alongside specialists from manufacturing, quality, safety, post-production services, product development, suppliers, and vendors
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the organization by communicating, collaborating, teaching, and mentoring others
Work Authorization Statement:
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an accredited course of study in engineering or a related field
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in an engineering discipline
- Minimum 1 year of experience with production systems in a manufacturing or engineering capacity
Preferred qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. (Experienced)
- 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. (Senior)
- Must be a motivated leader/self-starter.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing techniques
- Experience working in an Equipment or Tooling Engineer role
- Experience working in a production environment
- CATIA or equivalent solid modeling experience
- Experience with programming, integrating or troubleshooting industrial controls from OEMs.
- Experience using basic Microsoft Office and office computing systems
- Experience in Automation and robotics
- Ability to learn in a fast paced environment
- Ability to collaborate with both the engineering work force and the mechanics on the factory floor
- Project management knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Associate Level: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Experienced Level: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Senior Level: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
- This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- This is a Union Represented position.
- In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
- This position is for 1st shift.
Pay Range Summary:
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the information shown below is a general guideline only. Pay is based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
- Associate (level 2): $81,600- $110,400
- Experienced (level 3): $96,050- $129,950
- Senior (level 4): $118,150- $159,850
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award