Experienced Electrical Cabin and Network Systems Design EngineerEverett, Washington; Seattle, Washington; Renton, Washington
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes in Everett, Washington, Seattle, Washington and Renton, Washington is seeking Experienced Electrical Cabin and Network System Design Engineers to join the team in defining and integrating airplane electrical systems across our commercial fleet. All projects center on the translation of concepts and high-level requirements to specific architectures and operational specifications including the physical integration of electrical systems and components into our complex airplanes. Work with a worldwide supplier base to implement system hardware and software. Validate designs through both laboratory and airplane testing. Work with aircraft systems from initial concept through certification, delivery, and through their production life. We are continually evolving the state of the art in commercial air transport. This position will be assigned to work with Cabin Systems which includes interior lighting, passenger address systems, seat back video, passenger connectivity, satellite connections, In Flight Entertainment, and more.
- Works with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Analyzes and translates requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Preferred Qualification (Desired Skills / Experience):
- 3 or more years of experience with design engineering.
- Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering degree.
- Experience within Electrical Systems hardware and software design.
- Familiarity with engineering processes and methods.
- Knowledge of FAA certification.
- Experience with system design and integration during an airplane development program.
- Experience working with cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated project management skills within a fast paced highly integrated environment.
- Experience with Model Based Development tools.
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
This is a union represented position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award