Experienced Non-Destructive Test (NDT) Quality Test SpecialistEverett, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) is currently seeking an experienced Non-Destructive Test (NDT) Quality Test Specialist to support develop and administer the quality system that ensures and manages the integrity of company products and services.
This position is located in USA – Everett, WA and will support 2nd shift Quality Operations.
- Performs setup for specialized non-destructive test or measurement equipment.
- Develops procedures and processes.
- Performs tests or inspections and collects data.
- Documents, analyzes and communicates results and assists with corrective action recommendations.
- Provides feedback on adverse trends.
- Responsible for non-destructive testing and acceptance of repairs to company products.
- Conducts certification preparation training.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements; therefore a “US Person,” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15, is required. “US Person” includes US citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Must be able to work second shift.
- Must be able to travel 10% of time.
- AA degree in related NDT discipline and typically 1 or more years of related experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be capable of working in confined spaces and fit through a 10X18 oval opening.
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Level 2 Certification - American Society for Nondestructive Testing/Nondestructive Testing (ASNT/NDT) is an asset.
- Certification in Ultrasonic Test is an asset.
- Certification in Eddy Current Test is an asset.
- More than 1 year of experience in handling and working with radioactive materials and x-ray systems
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+1 years' related work experience, 5 years' related work experience, etc.).
- This position is defined as safety-sensitive by the Federal Aviation Administration and is subject to the drug and alcohol program requirements of 14 CFR Part 120, which includes unannounced random testing.
- This is a union represented position.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More