First-Line Industrial Engineering ManagerEverett, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking a First-Line Industrial Engineering Manager to support our operations in Everett, Washington.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages employees performing industrial engineering activities associated with technical development, implementation, analysis and improvement activities throughout the business units.
- Development and implementation of plans, policies and procedures in alignment with business plans, strategies, goals, and objectives.
- Acquires and coordinates resources for projects and processes and provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements.
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers, stakeholders, suppliers, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- Manages, develops and motivates employees.
*This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.*
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Basic Qualification (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ year(s) leadership experience (lead, formal mgmt, temp mgmt)
- 3+ years Operations/Industrial Engineering experience
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22. C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering
- Experience with developing and implementing the Boeing Production System
- Use of 8-Step Systematic Problem Solving
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in MS Office including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience establishing partnerships and relationships with internal customers, stakeholders, peers and direct reports and conveying organizational messages to facilitate the accomplishment of work group, project or process goals.
- Experience in identifying opportunities to improve work-related products and processes within own work group, project or process and engaging and empowering employees to make process improvements.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More