Functional Test InspectorEverett, Washington
This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement. Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound, Wichita and Portland must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in the eligible candidate pool.
An inspector in this position performs in-process inspection or functional test inspection for workmanship, fit, alignment and conformance with applicable drawings, specification, quality standards, and manufacturing plans.
- Ensure that appropriate revisions of drawings and other documents are being used.
- Verify all paperwork and on-line systems (e.g., Work Plan, Test Inspection Records, nonconformance items) are complete, accurate and up to date.
- Inspect and verify all systems are ready for functional tests.
- Witness or verify operational/functional test of aircraft systems and components, as required, per engineering requirements and operating procedures.
- Use automated test equipment (ATE), as required.
- Determine if operational and/or functional testing is required after rework, repair or replacement of system components.
- Coordinate with engineering, as required. Inspect electrical assemblies (e.g., installation, crimping, termination, routing).
- Inspect completed assembly jobs and review workmanship, dimensions and locations, and ensure all parts/assemblies have been installed per the drawing, specification and plan using applicable mathematical calculations and precision measuring tools.
- Identify and document discrepancies and report as necessary.
- Reject assembly or installation, as required.
- Note discrepant condition(s) and location(s) and what the correct configuration of the assembly or installation should be, citing drawing, or plan requirements. Record results and route to appropriate group for processing, as required.
- Indicate QA acceptance on the appropriate paperwork and/or on-line systems and process the paperwork/systems as required per appropriate procedures and policies.
- Verify record and reinspect removals/reinstallations of parts/assemblies.
- Perform line checks to investigate whether rejectable condition exists on other airplanes, as required.
- Audit manufacturing and inspection processes, as required.
- Ensure certification of tools, test equipment and personnel are current.
- Work with customers and consult others (e.g., production, engineering, planning, customer coordinator) on process or job related issues, as required.
- Prepare package for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) inspections, as required.
- Handle, use and dispose of hazardous materials in approved manner.
- Work with other employees to improve functions, methods, and procedures.
- Provide on the job training to others.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More