Inspector Fabrication BEverett, Washington
Inspectors in this position inspect raw stock, fabricated parts and sub-assemblies for conformance with applicable drawings, specifications, quality standards, manufacturing plans and for workmanship.
- Fabrication Inspectors also perform various in-process inspections, audits and heat-treat inspections.
- Receive, obtain or locate parts/assemblies and appropriate paperwork/online instruction per required procedures.
- Verify part number, serial number and that the quantity matches paperwork or online system.
- Verify all paperwork/online instruction (e.g., manufacturing order, applicable drawings, specifications, nonconformance items and any other necessary documents) is complete and accurate.
- Ensure that appropriate revisions of drawings, Engineering Changes, specifications and other documents are being used by the shop and inspection.
- Ensure that the tools used by the shop to fabricate parts have been approved by tooling inspection.
- Review the paperwork/online instruction, drawing and job.
- Select and/or set up the appropriate measuring instruments.
- Lay out parts/assemblies to establish reference points and check dimensions, as required.
- Inspect dimensions and workmanship per the drawing, specification and plan.
- Perform visual weld inspection, as required.
- Identify and document discrepancies and reject parts/assemblies.
- Indicate QA acceptance on the appropriate paperwork/online instruction and process as required.
- Perform in-process inspections and audits, as required.
- Monitor equipment and processes to specification requirements.
- Verify certifications of tools, equipment and personnel.
- Interface with other organizations to provide clarification and/or information.
- Handle, use and dispose of hazardous materials in approved manner.
- This position requires occasional (1-3 Hrs) finger manipulation, flexion/extension, handling, lifting less than 25 pounds, Rotation of head/neck, Sitting, Standing, and Walking.
- Occasional contact with metals, exposure to plastics and solvents and exposure to atmospheric conditions. Frequent (3-6 hrs) exposure to noise.
- Use of personal protective equipment for face/eyes and ears may be required.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More