Machine Repair MechanicEverett, Washington; Renton, Washington
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers.
Our company aspiration for Boeing’s second century is clear: to be the best in aerospace and an enduring global industrial champion—a top performer in all areas of our business as compared to the world’s best companies.
Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
The Puget Sound region and the state of Washington is a beautiful community which boasts great transit, good public schools, a robust system for public beaches and parks, wonderful marinas and safe streets. Nature is right outside your door and you have a short ride to the mountains and beaches. Enjoy our community summer concerts in the park, farmers markets and small town parades
Machine Repair Mechanics do the following: repair critical equipment, perform preventive and predictive maintenance and complete projects such as mechanical hardware upgrades. Along with this, they communicate accurately, concisely, and professionally with customers on important repair steps taken, parts ordered and time estimated until completion. Plus, they repair/replace defective equipment, overhaul/rebuild and assemble a wide variety of plant equipment to include Numerically Controlled (NC) machines, robotics & end effectors, modular assembly equipment, precision-built machines, material handling equipment, stationary generator sets and process equipment.
The ideal Machine Repair Mechanic is able to develop maintenance procedures when documentation is not available and devise and make tools to facilitate work. Repair Mechanics obtain job assignments from data systems, from management or from engineers. They are able to review and interpret work orders, tie-ins, technical manuals, machine operations and are able to communicate with production employees to determine appropriate crafts skills and repairs needed to return machines back to production readiness. Repair Mechanics obtain and analyze drawings, sketches, hydraulic schematics and specifications needed to perform assigned work in order to perform preventive and predictive maintenance inspections. Repair Mechanics troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions on all types of factory machinery including, Numerically Controlled (NC) and Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machine tools and controllers, gearboxes, stationary generator sets and machine accessories using various types of test equipment.
Machine Repair Mechanics check and adjust flatness, level/alignment of machine beds and linear/rotary axis tool and pallet changers. They perform/observe operational check to ensure deficiencies have been corrected. They also demonstrate the ability to plan and sequence work, including ordering required parts and staging necessary tools and equipment.
The following physical demands are required of this position:
- Capable of working at heights greater than (4) foot when required, climb a 15ft vertical ladder, enter into a small confined space, rotate neck, bend at the waist and head, stoop, arch backward, twist, squat, crouch, kneel, and crawl, lie down and operate foot controls.
- Lift; carry various weights, push/pull, reach, sit, walk, stand, balance, climb stairs, ladders and lifts and mobile equipment. Able to safely use hand/arm protection, (gloves), hearing/head protection (earmuffs and helmets).
- Able to work around electromagnetic fields as a result of various types of production equipment.
- Frequent (3-6 hrs) exposure to noise.
- Overtime is an essential part of this job.
- Able to safely utilize fall protection equipment that has weight limitations.
- High school graduate or GED preferred. Prefer two-year degree, diploma or certificate from an accredited vocational or technical institute and/or 5-7 years of mechanic related experience.
- This is a union-represented hourly position.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. US person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More