Mechatronics MaintenanceEverett, Washington; Renton, Washington
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers.
Our company aspiration for Boeing’s second century is clear: to be the best in aerospace and an enduring global industrial champion—a top performer in all areas of our business as compared to the world’s best companies.
Recently, FORTUNE Magazine released its annual list of “The World’s Most Admired Companies,” Boeing placed 25th overall and reclaimed its No. 1 ranking in the aerospace and defense industry—our fifth title since 2013. These results reflect the strength of our products and services, and the skill, talent and dedication of our global One Boeing team.
Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Seattle and the state of Washington is a beautiful community which boasts great transit, good public schools, a robust system for public beaches and parks, wonderful marinas and safe streets. Nature is right outside your door and you have a short ride to the mountains and beaches. Enjoy our community summer concerts in the park, farmers markets and small town parades.
Becoming a Mechatronics Maintenance Employee at The Boeing Company, has an exciting opportunity to maintain some of the most technologically advanced manufacturing equipment in the industry. Depending on your work location you could have the opportunity to help maintain equipment such as: Flex Tracks, High Speed Mills, Automated Tooling, Carbon Fiber Layup Machines and Multi-Axis Robotic Equipment.
As a Mechatronics Maintenance Employee you will draw on your experience/education, acquired knowledge from training and certification classes to review/analyze work orders, tie-ins, drawings, hydraulic schematics, specifications, technical manuals and machine operations to complete daily assigned work. A Mechatronics Maintenance Employee must be able to communicate accurately, concisely, and professionally with the customer to determine which appropriate repairs are needed, the status of repair steps taken, and time estimated until completion that returns the machine back to production readiness.
For a Mechatronics Maintenance Employee, daily assigned work could include:
1. Use schematics, blueprints, sketches, specifications, manuals, written and verbal information, and applicable procedures, codes and ordinances.
2. Make operational check of machines.
3. Use shop tools including powered and non-powered hand tools, and test equipment such as multimeters, ammeters, ohmmeters, meggers dial indicators, micrometers, calipers and phase rotation meters.
4. Repair and/or replace defective electrical and mechanical parts on equipment; using hoists, gantry cranes, and hand and power tools.
5. Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, and summarizing information. Maintain logs, charts, and perform written and verbal tie-in records.
6. Make inspection when requested to check the repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdown or major overhauls on assigned equipment.
7. Perform work in other classifications when incidental but necessary to the accomplishment of the assignment.
8. Participate in continuous improvement activities, root-cause analysis, recommendations on facility and equipment design requirements and performance teams to improve processes, efficiency, quality and service.
9. Gather samples and data for predictive maintenance and provide to others for analysis
Depending on your work environment and assigned work the following requirements could exist:
1. Capable of working at heights greater than (4) foot when required and/or climbing a 15ft vertical ladder.
2. Utilize fall protection equipment that has weight limitations.
3. Entering into a small confined space.
4. Work around electromagnetic fields as a result of various types of production equipment.
5. Lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds
6. Must be able to work any shift, overtime and holidays as required.
7. This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
8. Preferred related trade school or apprenticeship program completion
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22C.F.R. §120.15? "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More