Mid-Level Industrial EngineerEverett, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking a Mid-Level Industrial Engineer in the Interiors Responsibility Center (IRC) for their Everett, Washington location.
Specific Position Responsibilities
As a Mid-Level Industrial Engineer in the Interiors Responsibility Center (IRC), you will:
- Partner with production IE, manufacturing operations, and other stakeholders to support and coach them through process improvement initiatives.
- Utilize industrial engineering skills to lead and support production system transformation through tine implementation of lean principles.
- Lead and support Material and Information flow mapping and other kaizen activities within the production system.
General Job Responsibilities
- Applies advanced Industrial Engineering concepts, techniques, analysis and decision tools to promote and implement changes in manufacturing, engineering and service operations.
- Independently develops models, data bases and spreadsheets to analyze data (e.g., statistics, operations research, engineering economics), and provides summary analysis and metrics for consultation to customers (e.g., management, departments, suppliers).
- Applies advanced industrial engineering techniques and concepts to product and process design teams throughout all phases of product lifecycle, resulting in a robust product design and work statement that meets program requirements.
- Researches, designs, develops, improves, and implements processes to enhance schedule performance, lower cost, and improve quality, through the application of advanced Lean and other Industrial Engineering concepts for large scale systems integration and asset utilization.
- Independently manages, defines, negotiates, and controls the scope, cost, and timing of projects, and performs risk analysis using project management tools (e.g., work break-down structure, precedence network, resource allocation).
- Ensures project is completed within budget.
- Utilizes advanced engineering methods (e.g., mathematical models, simulation, statistics) to develop optimal process designs and efficient utilization of resources (e.g., facilities, personnel, materials, equipment) in the creation and validation of products.
- Analyzes and designs value stream, including capability, capacity (e.g., make/buy, supplier selection, risk analysis, supplier performance), throughput, work flow and logistics (e.g., critical path, lead-time, transportation, factory layout).
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Accredited Engineering Degree (Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Engineering Management.)
- Ability to walk, stand, and enter into aircraft via steps or ladders as needed.
- US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Experience in 6 or more of the following: Process Modeling, Manufacturing Operations Support, Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, Statistical/Trend Analysis, Six Sigma, Capacity Planning, Production/Mfg System Design, Work Methods Analysis/Time Standards, Planning/Constraint Based Scheduling, Ergonomics & Human Factors, Facilities Layout Design, Root Cause Analysis, Inventory Control, Value Stream Analysis.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office Applications.
- Must be able to interact with employees to gather data for process improvements. This may include observing and documenting processes, and collecting data in manufacturing areas or in aircraft during various production phases.
- Candidate may be in proximity to chemicals when observing/gathering data in an area in the factory where chemicals are in use.
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More