Mid-level Propulsion Structures Design EngineerEverett, Washington; Renton, Washington
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Propulsion Structures team is seeking Mid-Career Structural Design Engineer to join the team in the Puget Sound. The design engineer will be an integral member of the Propulsion team, providing design support and solutions to a wide-ranging list of programs, projects and components.
The Propulsion Structures team focuses on the structure common to the engine such as the inlet, cowling, thrust reverser, strut, fairings, systems (fuel, hydraulic, pneumatic), installation integration, and APU (auxiliary power unit). This structure has specific requirements and methods so previous propulsion design experience is highly desired.
This requisition is seeking to fill multiple positions for a number of organizations including 737, 767, 777, 777-9, 777-9 freighter, 787, P-8, and the B-52 CERP (commercial engine replacement program). The majority of the positions will be for the B-52 CERP, 777-9, and the newly launched 777-8 Freighter.
These positions will be based in the Puget Sound (Renton, WA and Everett, WA).
We are team of fast-paced, eager engineers and technicians; Skilled scientists and thinkers; Bold innovators and dreamers working on cutting-edge aerospace technology. If you have a passion for aviation and a desire to be a part of a team that is shaping the future of propulsion, join us today!
- Develops, integrates and documents structural and interior payload system requirements to establish the system design.
- Develops, maintains and modifies structural and interior payload system and component designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle.
- Reviews performance, integration and analysis of tests to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications”
- Manages supplier development, test and production activities and coordinates with the supplier to optimize the design and achieve program goals.
- Develops new design/analysis processes and tools to improve the effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort.
- Investigates emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
- Works under general direction.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Bachelor’s of Science and 5 or more years' of structural experience or a Master's and 3 or more years' of structural experience in a Mechanical, Aeronautical / Aerospace, Civil engineering, Structural engineering.
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment and/or business unit teams.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors of Science and 7 or more years' of structural experience or a Master's and 5 or more years' of structural experience in a Mechanical, Aeronautical / Aerospace, Civil engineering, Structural engineering.
- Experience with Propulsion Structures (Struts, Nacelles, Fairings, and Mounts) design/analysis in both metallic and composite components.
- Experience in Model Based Definition, CATIA, ENOVIA and PDM.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent cross-functional teaming, collaborative problem solving, building lasting relationships & proficiency in written and verbal communication.
- Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Experience providing product definitions and technical support to groups, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master +3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this position will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria are met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is First.
This is a Union represented position.
Referral Bonus may be applicable, upon approval.
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award