Project Management Specialist (Mid-Level)Everett, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Digital Integration and Analytics team is seeking a Project Management Specialist with the skills and abilities to manage the portfolio of projects and initiatives that support our Manufacturing and Quality applications. As part of Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Operations, you will be responsible for helping define the business requirements, integrations and end-user support model for the 2nd century of manufacturing and operations management systems. A majority of the team have their home location in Everett, WA but a number of Puget Sound locations are available due to the distributed nature of the team and required collaboration with different factory shops and IT.
- Directing the development of Shop Order Execution product in EMOM in accordance with accepted Boeing Project Management Best Practices (PMBP), SIT Gated process and project management industry standards (e.g., PMI, Project Management Body of Knowledge [PMBOK], ANSI, and ISO standards).
- Coordinating the activity of multiple product management teams operating in support of the Agile software development method Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Developing business cases for implementation of manufacturing system capabilities throughout the enterprise in 2020 and beyond.
- Driving the creation and approval of Key Design Decisions throughout the lifecycle of the current and 2CES manufacturing applications through collaboration with members of other 2CES program IPTs
- Teaming with Operational Excellence, Manufacturing Excellence, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering and legacy MSC&O systems support teams throughout all 3 major business units to support development of enterprise standard business processes, systems and tools for manufacturing execution.
- Working with cross functional team members defining an integrated plan and schedule to develop, implement and replicate digital solutions for Manufacturing and Quality, across multiple business units and aircraft programs.
- Using your team-building and negotiation skills to support delivery of completed features from EMOM product backlog to IT teams for development as part of MOM IPT
- Managing changes to baseline statement of work and schedules through the change management process.
- Utilizing communication skills to develop executive level presentation and present project status at an IPT leadership level as well as at the airplane program level.
- Engaging supplier project managers when necessary for program status, schedule, risks, opportunities, change management and issue resolution.
- Finishing with project close-outs archiving documented lessons learned, present project close-out and deploy the BPSM for RCCA as required.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- 3 year or more years in risk, issues and opportunities (RIO) capture, definition and mitigation to closure.
- 3 or more years of experience in a leadership role (team lead, project manager).
- 3 or more years of experience collecting, interpreting data, and managing medium to high level projects for Executives or Senior Leadership.
Able to travel 10% of the time
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience utilizing scheduling tools (MS Project, Milestones, etc.)
- Experience using Agile software development management tools (Team Foundation Server, VersionOne, JIRA)
- Experience with executive level communication including presentation development and report outs
- Experience developing and maintaining user-level communications and technology (SharePoint)
- Creation and maintenance of project baseline including formal change process
- Knowledge of Boeing manufacturing processes preferred
Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More