Senior Airborne Software Certification Engineer
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Senior Airborne Software Certification Engineer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking Senior Airborne Software Certification Engineers to join our team in Everett, Washington. The selected individuals will work within airplane systems engineering teams and interface with suppliers or internal Boeing organizations to oversee development of software changes, ensure application of best industry and Boeing requirements and assure compliance with regulatory requirements.
Engineers applying for this position must have an in-depth understanding of RTCA/DO-178. Thorough understanding of the relationship between software aspects of certification, system development assurance (e.g. ARP 4754A), and the safety assessment process. Highly desired are engineers with recent experience finding or showing compliance for software in an aerospace environment.
- Oversee and guide software suppliers in development of airborne systems.
- Provide either showing of compliance or finding of compliance roles in accordance with FAA regulations associated with software development.
- Provide direction to suppliers to improve their performance to contractual requirements (quality, delivery, cost, technical, safety, communication, etc.).
- Lead stage of involvement reviews.
- Evaluate risks and opportunities; assist suppliers in implementing risk mitigation plans.
- Work with internal and external resources, utilizing tools, processes and methods to enhance supplier performance to meet customer and program requirements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and supply chain personnel.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate may be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, verification or compliance finding activities to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
- 5+ years of experience in dealing with safety-critical software used in airborne systems.
- 5+ years of experience in RTCA DO-178 Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Master’s degree
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Bachelor's and 14+ years' experience or Master's and 12+ years' experience
- FAA Designated Engineering Representative, Authorized Representative or Engineering Unit Member in a company’s delegated compliance organization
Typical Education/ Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug free workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Additional Job Description:
This is a union-represented position.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.