Senior Procurement Field RepresentativeEverett, Washington
We are seeking a Senior Procurement Field Representative to join our team in Everett, WA. Our Procurement Field Representatives monitor emergent offload/overload suppliers including processors, philanthropic, machine shop and sheet metal shop and provide technical assistance in areas like manufacturing, planning and requirements interpretation to ensure delivery schedule compliance and product conformity.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Identifies, establishes and maintains priorities for deliveries on products, services and data, necessary supplier contractual corrective actions, resolution of issues of poor schedule performance and product producibility and to ensure contractual compliance
- Communicates across functions including procurement agents, suppliers, internal customers, field quality, engineering and manufacturing to report status and concerns
- Facilitates with the supplier the development of a recovery plan and unplanned demand requirements
- Provides and/or recommends specific training and mentoring on business and manufacturing practices (e.g., requirements interpretation and clarification, contractual compliance, scheduling tools, technical skills and self assessment) to supplier personnel in order to improve or enhance delivery performance
- Participates with the procurement agent in on-site supplier assessments (e.g., preferred supplier certification, proof of process, rate readiness) to identify supplier capacity and capability to perform current and projected work statement and support Boeing procurement strategy
- Evaluates overall supplier health (e.g., symptoms of declining financial stability)
- Conducts on-site evaluations in response to Procurement Support Requests that identify problems and establish the basis for recovery planning. Assists suppliers in developing plans and monitors suppliers' performance-to-plan to ensure compliance to contractual requirements
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to implement new processes or improve existing processes (e.g., lean manufacturing, shop floor control, work prioritization, production and inventory control system) to enhance supplier ability to produce and deliver products and services
- Report backs to management and makes recommendations to procurement agent
- Using supplier resource, capability and capacity plan, provides recommendations to supplier and procurement agent of viability to support Boeing programs
- Validates work movement projects (e.g., permanent offload, on load, supplier to supplier and between supplier facilities) by verifying that the elements of the work movement plan (e.g., tool validation, configuration control, process approvals and schedule compliance) are on schedule and complete in order to accomplish a seamless transition
- Monitors plan activities to ensure that supplier produces conforming and compliant products on time
- Uses project management tools
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- High School Diploma/GED or higher
- 5+ years' experience developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with senior executives, customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Experience with any of the following aircraft operations: flight line maintenance, manufacturing or assembly
- 5+ years' experience in Procurement and Supply Chain processes
- 3+ years' experience managing suppliers/vendors to deliver products and services
- 3+ years' experience managing projects and utilizing standard project management tools
3+ years' experience in root cause analysis and corrective action
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years' related work experience, 14 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More