Senior Structures AnalystEverett, Washington; Renton, Washington
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We have many great opportunities at the Commercial Airplanes Washington Design Center, as a Structural Analysis Engineer. Open positions are available on many of our existing airplane programs. Areas where you can continue to grow your career could include Wing, Fuselage, Empennage, Doors, Propulsion Structures, and Landing Gear. There are also positions in our Structures Core team which support testing, internal loads, allowables development, and interior/system stress.
The selected candidate will be required to perform work onsite in either Everett or Renton, Washington.
Structures analysts can have any of the following responsibilities:
- Performs and leads detailed structural analysis to determine structural integrity (margins of safety), using classical techniques and Boeing tools.
- Develops, integrates and documents complex or unique structural requirements.
- Supports responses to customer inquiries, service bulletin development, failure investigation, regulatory agency coordination and to show compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Guides structural design and configuration development.
- Performs trade studies to optimize structure and meet program requirements.
- Develops, deploys, and supports in-house and commercial application software to enable efficient performance of engineering tasks.
- Integrates component-level structural models and perform integrated analysis, using finite element methods, to develop internal loads and stresses in order to verify structural integrity.
- Documents structural analyses and data required to show compliance with Boeing, customer, and regulatory requirements.
- Leads resolution of technical, operational, and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer.
- Leads performance, integration and analysis of tests to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Assists with investigation of emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
- Works under minimal direction.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylum.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study related to Mechanical, Aeronautical / Aerospace, Civil, Material Science (with composite focus), or select Structures engineering degree is required.
- 9+ years of experience in the related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with leaders and colleagues in an engineering environment.
- Experience with durability and damage tolerance analysis.
Preferred Qualifications (Education/Experience):
- Senior level of experience in analysis of metallic and/or composite materials.
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft structure, materials strengths and properties, design criteria, loading conditions, and processes.
- Exercises engineering judgment in developing appropriate decisions considering decision criteria, implications, and possible consequences, to ensure product design integrity.
- Occasional travel may be required in support of the program and customer.
Typical Education/Experience: Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study related to Mechanical, Aeronautical / Aerospace, Civil, Material Science (with composite focus), or select Structures engineering degree is required and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience).
In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this position will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is First.
This is a Union represented position.
Referral to this job is eligible for a referral bonus, upon approval.
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award