Structures Technical Analyst 2Everett, Washington; Renton, Washington
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a Structural Technical Analyst to join our Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) Design Center located in Washington State.
As a Structural Technical Analyst you will gain and provide knowledge using multitudes of information sources (e.g., customer information, Boeing specifications and design requirements, airplane specific information, Boeing archives, regulatory requirements, industry sources, universities, libraries, technical journals). This includes the ability to extract relevant information from tables, charts, graphs, text, spot relevant trends in data, and create and document models that can be used by others.
Relying on the engineering data (e.g., drawings, data sets, material specifications, certification data) to interpret, analyze, and develop data to support airplane development, The Structural Technical Analyst will assist in determining, applying, and performing arithmetic operations in order to solve complex aircraft structural problems.
At Boeing, our engineers share a passion to redefine what’s possible, to turn your dreams into reality and to bring cutting edge technology to market. If you are seeking a dynamic, innovative environment, this opportunity is for you!
- Performs limited structural analysis for design, fleet support and structural testing.
- Develops, uses and maintains data and data management tools.
- Creates and maintains analytical data and documentation using data management tools.
- Develops the structural environment and detail structural performance characteristics to verify structural integrity using structural analysis methods, math models and finite element models and simulations.
- Supports the planning, execution, data reduction and reporting of structural tests. Supports validation and verification of systems and components in meeting customers and regulatory agency requirements and specifications.
- Assists in development of processes and tools to improve structural engineering.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylum.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Associates Degree or higher in one of the following majors: Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry.
- 1+ years of experience in engineering, certification, data management, structural testing or analysis.
- Programming experience such as VBA, Python, SQL, JS, and others.
- Knowledge of database management tools (e.g., Records Management Database, Access, Excel, SharePoint) and/or operating systems protocols.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Has Bachelor’s Degree or one or more years' related work experience.
- Knowledge of Boeing's organizations, processes, program plans, policies, procedures, and products.
- Knowledge of FAA and EASA requirements regarding specific commodities structure.
- Strong written, verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to determine, apply, and perform arithmetic operations in order to solve complex problems.
- Ability to collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
Typical Education/Experience: Accredited course of study (e.g. Associate) and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor, 3 years' related work experience).
In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this position will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is First.
This is a Union represented position.
Referral to this job is eligible for 1500 referral bonus, upon approval.
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award