User Experience Specialist (User Experience)Everett, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Product Systems Second Century Engineering Systems (2CES) is looking for a User Experience Designer based out of Puget Sound Washington, with preferred location Everett, WA. We are seeking a junior User Experience/Product Designer to assist products from user research through iterative development and delivery as part of our Product Systems Build teams. The selected candidate would partner with project teams to learn and apply user-centered design activities that actively involve users throughout all phases of a project to ensure product usability.
- Participates in conducting user research through interviews, field studies and surveys.
- Assists in the definition of user requirements and usability goals.
- Supports and aids in the creation of user interaction design alternatives and the building of prototypes.
- Participates in conducting usability tests, heuristic evaluations and other reviews to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of designs.
- Diagnoses simple usability issues and recommends changes.
- Pair with senior level designers and pair with product managers to guide product decisions by conducting user research such as interviews and facilitating iterative feedback loops.
- Assist in defining user requirements, user flows, and usability goals.
- Assist with user interaction design alternatives, and conveys designs by building prototypes and style guides.
- Conduct iterative usability tests to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the designs.
- Diagnose and prioritizes usability issues and refines designs or recommends changes.
- Contribute to the development of the UX design discipline through development of user-centered design best practices.
- Provide mentoring to UX design employees to grow the discipline of user centered design and agile software development methodology within Boeing IT.
Primarily working Shift 1. However our team is a Global team including team members located in Charleston, SC and Bangalore, India so some adjustments to hours may be required at times to collaborate with the entire team.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience with user centric design
- Experience working on multiple projects where you were responsible for developing the visual design, branding and data visualizations
- experience with the Agile Software development lifecycle
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working in Lean/Agile software development and rapid iterative design and delivery of products
- Teaming skills to partner with clients, product managers, developers, and fellow designers
- Ability to determine the user-centered design approach for a software product which moves from research, iterative design and development, and the delivery process
- Ability to develop the visual design, branding and data visualizations to produce modern, compelling products
- Experience with responsive and mobile design
- Ability to communicate design rationale to stakeholders and continuously advocate for the end user.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.).
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer market-leading benefits and career paths.Learn More
Seattle Area Jobs
From the cosmopolitan city life to the great outdoors, everyone can find something to love about living here. Seattle Area
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More