Cybersecurity Software Engineer
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Cybersecurity Software Engineer
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking Software Engineers for the opportunity to develop, code, test and deploy our newest products. Our work centers on the development of the next generation of Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) systems for the Defense, Intelligence Community and allied partners. These systems are deployed to aircraft, ships, submarines and ground mobile vehicles for purposes of intercepting and exploiting signals in the radio frequency environment.
- Write high quality, maintainable code
- Perform peer code-reviews
- Work with team members to investigate design approaches and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work in an Agile environment to deliver high quality software
- Engage with internal and external partners to identify requirements
- Dynamically prioritize the team’s work while openly communicating the path to delivery
- Collaborate to continually evaluate and improve the development processes
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science or related technical domain
- 5 or more years developing software in an object oriented language such as C++ or Java
- 3 or more years of developing software in a Linux/Unix environment
- Demonstrated experience in developing data structures and algorithms
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Willing and able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Development experience in an collaborative Agile team environment
- Ability to control, build and release code using GIT and the Atlassian tool stack
- Ability to learn and adapt to new and complex challenges
- Ability to design and develop software as an individual contributor in both early-concept and follow-on enhancement phases of a product life-cycle
- Analytical design and communication skills
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.