Cybersecurity Software Engineer
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Cybersecurity Software Engineer
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking Cybersecurity Engineers for the opportunity to develop and deploy our newest products. Our work centers on the development of the next generation of Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) systems for the Defense, Intelligence Community and allied partners. These systems are deployed to aircraft, ships, submarines and ground mobile vehicles for purposes of intercepting and exploiting signals in the radio frequency environment.
- Work hands-on with the software baseline, build, deployment and final configuration with a focus on implementation of cybersecurity mitigations
- Implement and analyze results obtained from vulnerability scans
- Install and test security patches for Linux and Windows systems
- Contribute to the planning and action to continually address cybersecurity issues throughout a program lifecycle
- Thrive in a dynamic environment while engaging with multiple software development teams and multiple programs
- Prepare technical documentation and report for delivery to customer subject matter experts
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science or related technical domain
- Demonstrated strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Collaborative teamwork skills with demonstrated ability to work across internal and external organizations
- Willing and able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Prior experience in a cybersecurity engineering role
- Experience in shell scripting
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals and distributed systems
- Demonstrated experience managing computer networks with knowledge of internet routing protocols and concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation is available for eligible candidates (as authorized).
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.