With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security, a part of The Boeing Company, is headquartered in Arlington, VA and employs thousands of engineers with a broad range of talents. Boeing empowers innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. We draw upon a diverse and talented workforce driven to tackle some of our customers’ most complex problems.
Boeing is seeking DevOps Engineers for the opportunity to build, test and deploy new products. The work we perform centers on the development of the next generation of Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) systems for the Defense, Intelligence Community and allied partners. Systems are deployed to aircraft, ships, submarines and ground mobile vehicles for purposes of collecting and exploiting signals in the radio frequency environment.
As a DevOps Engineer you will work in an Agile Scrum team to develop the environment and infrastructure necessary to power the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) model for multiple product releases. Speed and automation improvements are critical as we have multiple development teams and integration teams supporting multiple customers and projects. DevOps Engineers have the opportunities to collaborate across Engineering, Information Technology, and Quality Assurance team boundaries to implement the tools and processes needed to accelerate innovation for the organization.
- Work with team members to investigate design approaches and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work in an Agile environment to deliver high quality software solutions
- Engage with internal and external partners to identify requirements
- Dynamically prioritize the team’s work while openly communicating the path to delivery
- Collaborate to continually evaluate and improve the development processes
- Write high quality, maintainable code
- Perform peer code reviews
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- BS in computer science or related field
- Experience working a Linux environment
- Experience with scripting languages
- Administration experience with tools for CI/CD, bug tracking, version control, and build automation
- Experience applying source code branching strategies and patterns
- Demonstrated critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Experience with bash, python, puppet, ansible
- Administration experience with Jenkins
- Administration experience with the Atlassian tool stack
- Experience working on a DevOps team
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation is not being offered and it is not a negotiable benefit
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.