With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Autonomous Systems - Missions and Payloads group is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to join it's group in Fairfax, VA.
Boeing is seeking DevOps Engineers for the opportunity to build, test and deploy new products. The work we perform centers on the development of the next generation of Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) systems for the Defense, Intelligence Community, and allied partners. Systems are deployed to aircraft, ships, submarines, and ground mobile vehicles for purposes of collecting and exploiting signals in the radio frequency environment.
As a DevOps Engineer you will develop the tools and processes needed to accelerate innovation for our Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environment for multiple product releases. Collaboration, speed, and automation improvements are critical for enabling our project teams to deliver Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) products to a growing customer base.
- Work with project team members to investigate design approaches and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work in an Agile environment to deliver high quality software solutions
- Engage with internal and external partners to identify requirements
- Dynamically prioritize the team’s work while openly communicating the path to delivery
- Collaborate to continually evaluate and improve the development processes
- Write high quality, maintainable code
- Perform peer code reviews
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience working a Linux environment
- Experience with scripting languages
- Administration experience with tools for CI/CD, bug tracking, version control, and build automation
- Experience applying source code branching strategies and patterns
- Demonstrated critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Experience with bash, Python, Puppet, Ansible
- Administration experience with Jenkins
- Administration experience with the Atlassian tool stack
- Experience working on a DevOps team
- Experience working in an Agile environment
High school diploma or GED and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
Drug Free Workplace (US Specific):
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.