Software Engineer (Software Engineering)
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Software Engineer (Software Engineering)
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work as an integral part of our Continuous Integration Platform team delivering exciting new features for our Autonomous System products. The ideal candidate has extensive DevOps knowledge and experience developing in managed modern cloud based environments using agile development processes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The specific focus for the DevOps Engineer is on automation and optimization of the development and platform management lifecycle, including:
- Develop and sustain Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines for automated deployment of the highly available, mission critical cloud or enterprise platform product software for integration and test
- Create scripts and templates to build development systems
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Ten (10) to Fifteen (15) or more years working in DevOps or software development.
- US Citizen and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
Desired Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration and shell scripting
- Extensive experience with a public cloud provider, ideally Amazon Web Services
- Experience with automation and configuration management using either VMware, Puppet, Kubernetes, or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Amazon Web Services certification highly desired
- Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Software process automation with popular scripting languages (Bash, Python, or Node.js)
- Experience in developing code in at least one high-level programming language, C++ or Java
- Source, build/release, and configuration management in a continuous integration & delivery environment using Atlassian tool-stack
- Experience in automation and testing via scripting/programming (FitNesse or an equivalent)
- Understanding of Agile and other development processes and methodologies
- Application performance analysis and monitoring
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation is not being offered and it is not a negotiable benefit.
• Experience in automation and testing via scripting/programming (FitNesse or an equivalent)
• Understanding of Agile and other development processes and methodologies
• Application performance analysis and monitoring
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.