Software Integration Engineer
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Software Integration Engineer
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking Software Integration Engineers for the opportunity to develop and deploy our newest products. Our work centers on the development of the next generation of Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) systems for the Defense, Intelligence Community and allied partners. These systems are deployed to aircraft, ships, submarines and ground mobile vehicles for purposes of intercepting and exploiting signals in the radio frequency environment.
- Work hands-on with the software build, deployment and final configuration for various hardware platforms
- Manage a single software baseline that is deployed across multiple hardware baselines and a range of platforms
- Understand the environment for how the software is developed while maintaining a system level perspective for delivering end-to-end capabilities that meet operator needs
- Thrive in a dynamic environment while engaging with multiple software development teams to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Develop and maintain network topology and configuration
- Support system-level cybersecurity assessments and patching as necessary
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science or related technical domain
- 5 or more years of experience working in a Linux/Unix command line environment
- 3 or more years of experience in a customer facing role
- Demonstrated strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to translate operator needs and requirements into subsystem level capabilities
- Collaborative teamwork skills with demonstrated ability to work across internal and external organizations
- Willing and able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in shell scripting
- Experience with internet routing protocols and concepts
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals and distributed systems
- Demonstrated experience managing networks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers
- Experience with Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) or related systems
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.