Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking Systems Engineers for the opportunity to develop and deploy our newest products. Our work centers on the development of the next generation of Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) systems for the Defense, Intelligence Community and allied partners. These systems are deployed to aircraft, ships, submarines and ground mobile vehicles for purposes of intercepting and exploiting signals in the radio frequency environment.
- Manage the system, subsystem and component level requirements
- Develop and document concepts for capabilities to be implemented in hardware, software and firmware
- Collaborate with vendors and commercial partners to develop new technology for insertion into customer systems
- Collaborate with customer organizations to develop and deploy mission payloads to manned and unmanned aircraft platforms
- Thrive in a dynamic environment while engaging with multiple development and integration teams
- Prepare and present technical documentation and reports for delivery to customers
- Support deployment, integration and testing on customer platforms and at customer sites, to include travel
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
US – Ability to Obtain Interim and/or Final Clearance (Post-Start) – US Citizenship
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science or related technical domain
- 5 or more years of experience working in engineering role
- Demonstrated strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Collaborative teamwork skills with demonstrated ability to work across internal and external organizations
- Willing and able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with managing system level requirements from early development to customer witnessed testing
- Experience deriving subsystem level requirements and developing concept of operations for subsystem software development teams
- Experience writing, executing, and controlling system test plans and procedures
- Experience with RF component analysis, design, production, testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.