With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking Test Engineers for the opportunity to test and deploy our newest products. Our work centers on the development of the next generation of Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) systems for the Defense, Intelligence Community and allied partners. These systems are deployed to aircraft, ships, submarines and ground mobile vehicles for purposes of intercepting and exploiting signals in the radio frequency environment.
- Support all aspects of system testing to include testing in in-house development laboratories, customer integration facilities, and on-platform testing
- Document and control test procedures to exercise system level capabilities encompassing hardware and software components
- Troubleshoot system faults and work with the engineering team to isolate and resolve
- Coordinate with the engineering, quality assurance and the customer representatives for planning, execution and wrap-up of test events
- Participate in development team demonstrations to coordinate testing of incrementally released capability from Agile development teams
- Manage test environment and configuration to include all laboratory facilities and test equipment
- Thrive in a dynamic environment while engaging with multiple development teams to troubleshoot and solve problems
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science or related technical domain
- 5 or more years of experience in development, operational or test role
- 3 or more years of experience working in a Linux/Unix command line environment
- Demonstrated strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Collaborative teamwork skills with demonstrated ability to work across internal and external organizations
- Willing and able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with formal, customer-witnessed testing
- Ability to utilize and manipulate hardware and software test configuration and equipment to quickly isolate faults
- Understanding of radio frequency signal collection and processing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers
- Experience with Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) or related systems
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.