Experienced Mission Systems Software EngineerFleet, England
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Boeing Defence UK as an Experienced Mission Systems Software Engineer based in Fleet.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our team to contribute to an advanced autonomy project as part of its Autonomous Systems portfolio.
You will be integrated into a faced-paced and dynamic customer focused environment and stretched to achieve your potential. Your wellbeing is also important to us and we strive to find a healthy life balance and with an ethical team culture and strong emphasis on openness, collaboration, innovation, safety and first time quality.
As a Mission Systems Software Engineer your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Performing autonomous system software development and integration activities
- Developing unit and functional tests
- Conducting integration testing
- Optimizing and integrating software into small form factor computing capabilities.
You will work as part of a multi-discipline engineering team to implement autonomous behaviors, artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities on a range of autonomous systems in development for The Boeing Company.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a UK SECURITY CHECK.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
To be successful, you will have excellent domain knowledge and experience of contemporary technologies, systems engineering principals and software architectures and methodologies. You will be a passionate and collaborative engineer eager to work in an agile and diverse engineering capability ideally with a degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering or scientific field.
As an experienced engineer working for the Boeing Company, you will ideally be able to demonstrate the following behaviors and values:
- Mission-orientated approach and familiarity with modern software development paradigms and processes
- Innovative mindset and ambition with a focus on customers, quality and our people
- A "drive to action" approach with the ability to be resilient and flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Working collaboratively with other engineers, specialists and functional support team-members to achieve a sustainable outcome
- Developing software for complex, real-time, multi-threaded and distributed systems
- Employing software and systems test methodologies and best practices
- Application of systems engineering practices and principles
- Using or implementing source code control and document configuration management systems
- Experience in developing technology strategies and roadmaps
- Experience in developing and applying continuous improvements to process and productivity
- Experience in writing technical elements of bids and proposals in support of generating new business
- Knowledge of Command and Control Systems, Sensor Integration, Communications, Messaging protocols for mission systems
- Experience developing software for safety critical applications
- Knowledge of hardware components associated with the implementation of different communications networks (i.e. modems, antennas, etc.)
- Experience with embedded systems
- Parallel and GPGPU processing experience
- Knowledge of methodologies for secure communications and data encryption types.
- Familiarity with Cloud Architectures, CICD Automation and DevOps paradigms
- Knowledge of modern C++ principles and practice (C++11/14/17) and C++ frameworks
- Experience with the latest trends and approaches (e.g. Machine learning/deep learning techniques) for implementation of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and autonomous behaviors
- Sensing systems (visual, infrared, laser, etc.) and processing techniques
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply for this role as soon as possible, as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: Please note that this vacancy is contingent on award of contract.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More