Software Engineer - Training & Simulation
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Software Engineer - Training & Simulation
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Our defence and security capabilities enable and protect our Armed Forces from space to the seabed, while our commercial aircraft have connected travelers across the world for over a hundred years.
In the UK, our Defence and Security customers rely on us to deliver a Airborne and Ground-based capabilities in support of with our fixed wing aircraft; including our P-8 Poseidon Maritime and Multi-Mission ISR Aircraft, E-7 Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircraft, C-17 Globemaster Military Transporter, AH-64 Apache Combat Helicopter and CH-47 Chinook Multi-Mission Helicopter.
Beyond our Air platforms, we research, develop, deliver and support capabilities across growing adjacencies in the UK including Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, Training and Simulation, Cyber and Intelligent Systems, at Boeing locations and Customer sites across the UK.
As a consequence of our growing business in the UK we have a number of exciting opportunities for Training and Simulation orientated Software Engineering careers within our Mission Systems Capability; responsible for engineering our Sub-Systems, Software Solutions and Advanced Technologies.
We work in an agile, faced-paced and dynamic environment, but your wellbeing is important to us and we strive to find a healthy life balance and with an ethical team culture and strong emphasis on openness, collaboration, innovation, safety and first time quality.
About the role and the individual:
- Successful candidates will have a familiarity or aspiration to work with advanced Training and Simulation technologies, excited to work in a growing, agile and diverse engineering capability, satisfying a variety of technical requirements across our portfolio of programmes and platforms; initially in support of our Defence Operational Training Capability (Air) Core Systems and Services Programme and associated opportunities.
- To be successful you will be a mission orientated, passionate, collaborative and capable engineer, experienced or aspiring to work in the Training and Simulation domain, with:
- Knowledge and experience configuring, integrating and administrating complex hardware, network solutions and software applications
- Familiarity with developing entity behaviour models, physical sensor models, terrain databases and training and simulation user interfaces
- Familiarity with best of breed simulation products (VR Forces, VR Engage etc.)
- Ability to develop, integrate and test software to agile principals in one or more of C++, Java, Python
- Familiarity with distributed simulations and protocols (using HLA)
- Familiarity with model based systems engineering principals
UK MOD Security Clearance (or willingness & ability to obtain) is essential.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level. Relocation is not available for this role.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.