Training and Simulation Software EngineersFleet, England; Milton Keynes, England; Bristol, England
Boeing is the world’s leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial and military aircraft, with capabilities in rotorcraft, electronic and defence systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. Our reach extends to customers in 145 countries around the world, and we are the number one U.S exporter in terms of sales.
Boeing Defence UK Ltd. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company and a business unit of Boeing Defense, Space and Security. Boeing Defence UK Ltd. currently has employees at 18 locations throughout the UK supporting Ministry of Defence and U.S. military programmes. Boeing Defence UK is partnered with a number of UK companies on a variety of MoD programmes and projects.
We are looking for innovative, enthusiastic, open minded and forward thinking individuals with the right ambition and drive to succeed in the Boeing Defence UK Software Engineering Capability. The individual will thrive working within adaptable team structures chartered with the innovation necessary to create differentiating concepts, solutions and products at high velocity. The individual will be comfortable working to exacting and accredited quality standards using contemporary tools and methods designed to expedite the transition from concept to product.
The successful individual will work in an agile development environment, and contribute to all aspects of the concept and product development lifecycle on a variety of both internally funded and externally contracted projects.
We have vacancies available in Bristol, Milton Keynes and Fleet.
This role is specific to the development, adaptation and integration of Training and Simulation Systems and Software Solutions with potential to support adjacent opportunities. Boeing will support the UK MoD in the development of their future collective training solution know as the Defence Operational Training Capability (Air) (DOTC(A)) Core System and Services (DCS&S)
• Object oriented software design and development
• Highly proficient with C++11 / 14 programming language and C++ frameworks (eg Qt, Boost) using the Visual Studio IDE (desirable: supported with some familiarity with Java)
• Familiarity with contemporary integrated development environments including agile management, version control (i.e. Git), issue tracking, code review and continuous integration methods and tools (Especially the Atlassian toolset: Jira, Crucible, Bitbucket)
• Software integration using product Application Programming Interfaces (API)
• Graphical User Interface (GUI) development using Qt
• Scripting Languages(Lua, Python)
• Software development experience through all stages of the agile development lifecycle.
• Appreciation of software development best practices and continuous improvement
BDS Global Operations
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
• Excellent verbal and visual communication with a good level of spoken and written English. The candidate will be equally adept at sketching a design out on a whiteboard as they are writing a detailed technical design specification.
• An eye for detail and diligence. The candidate is comfortable investigating deeply technical issues and summarising the findings to present to relevant stakeholders.
• Natural collaboration with a creative desire and innovative outlook
• Ability to work at pace with risk and uncertainty
• Proficient with engineering maths and physics
• Familiarity with simulation protocols (i.e. HLA, DIS)
• Tactical Datalink (i.e. L16, L22) protocol experience
• Experience of training systems software
• Cloud architectures and technologies
• Expertise in the VT-MAK products Suite
• Background in defence aerospace
Security clearance (SC) or the ability to gain it is required.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More