Software Developer IIFort George Meade, Maryland
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking a Software Developer II to join their top-tier Prime contract team.
LOCATION: Ft. Meade, MD
- Work with a team of developers designing, developing, and supporting a geo visualization and services software product for use throughout the enterprise
- Use Spring Framework and Elasticsearch backend to provide rapid insight into extremely large data sets
- Design and develop APIs using microservices architecture in the cloud
- Communicate with customer leadership, end users to gather requirements and resolve issues
- Develop software in a cloud environment, leveraging automated testing and continuous integration and deployment practices to deliver software releases to multiple environments
- Participate in Agile Development to include project planning, new feature design, and documentation
- Conduct unit testing/integration testing of product releases to ensure compliance with quality standards and customer requirements
- Experience with Linux, Java, MySQL, Apache-tomcat, Google Web Toolkit, RESTful Web Services, GIT, XML/HTML and JSON
- Knowledge/experience in developing enterprise middleware using the Spring Framework
DESIRED EXPERIENCE (although NOT required):
Full Stack development: Node.js (Angular, React, or Vue), JICD 4.2.1, Spring Boot 2.x, Wireshark
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and 4-9 years of experience or
- 7-11 years of applicable software development without a degree
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.