Electrical Engineer (Early Career - Associate)Fort Greely, Alaska
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world.
Find your future with us.
The Ground-based Mid-course Defense (GMD) Operations and Sustainment (O&S) engineering team located at Fort Greely, Alaska is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer. The Ground-based Mid-course Defense (GMD) weapon system is operationally capable 24/7 to defend the homeland against long-range ballistic missile attacks.
As part of the Operations and Sustainment team, this position is central to the safe, efficient and effective real-time maintenance required to keep all assets ready to protect the country. Some travel may be required to Huntsville, Alabama to support test planning, test execution, training, and procedure development.
Under the guidance of senior engineering this position will assist in the performance of:
- Preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical and software based systems.
- Investigate technical documents, schematics and drawings in support of root cause corrective action.
- Support the development and improvement of testing and maintenance procedures.
- Review engineering drawings for system understanding and propose improvements for product lifecycle.
- Trouble shoot electrical / mechanical systems, including PLCs, and compose documents to direct repair activities.
- Apply engineering standards and best practices to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Work with multiple groups inside the company (including Safety, Quality, Scheduling, Operations, and Development) as well as outside the company (customers, suppliers, and sub-contractors) to understand stakeholders concerns and communicate impacts.
- Use technological tools and business system applications to organize and interpret data relevant to workloads, responsibilities, problem identifications and resolutions.
- Ability to operate relevant personal computing hardware (e.g., personal computers, software, printers, storage media) and standard software (e.g., word processing, graphics packages, spreadsheets/databases).
- Perform tasks outside in all seasons in Alaska. Willing to live in rural community.
- Follow enterprise and local procedures (e.g. access to classified and FOUO locations, operation of government vehicles, requesting authority to perform tasks in the field, etc.)
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and 2 or more years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Masters)
- Excellent Technical writing.
- Knowledge of product and process improvement methodologies (e.g. 6-Sigma, Lean).
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis Methods and Tools (e.g. Five Whys, Ishikawa Diagram, TRIZ).
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and 2 or more years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Masters)
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position requires the ability to obtain US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship, interim clearance pre-start with final clearance post start .
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More