Cabin Interior Intergration EngineerFrimley, England
With more than a century of experience, Boeing’s knowledge in bringing innovative service solutions to commercial, defence and space customers has united to form Boeing Global Services.
With a focus on innovative services in engineering, digital aviation and analytics as well as supply chain logistics and training support, Boeing will deliver agile, cost-competitive solutions, regardless of the original equipment manufacturer, so customers can reduce costs, drive efficiency and optimize operations.
This role is based within the UK Aircraft Modifications Design Centre in Frimley, Surrey; where we support Boeing’s global modifications group to provide EASA and GCAA Part 21 Design Organisation Approved modifications to aircraft. This centre has a highly skilled team of Engineers that is growing in 2019. The role supports the design and certification of aircraft interior modifications by generation, review and approval of certification documentation to demonstrate compliance with relevant regulatory and customer requirements.
• Reporting to the Organization Designation Authorization (ODA) Engineering Manager and working with the global engineering services team, across multiple time-zones, in order to identify design requirements and their associated solutions for active and upcoming aircraft cabin interior reconfiguration projects and
third party equipment integration.
• To be a technical focal for engineering and certification issues relating to Integration of avionic equipment and systems for Boeing Global Services ODA.
• Develop substantiation documentation in order to demonstrate compliance with relevant regulations and provide compliance verification functions when not directly involved with the compilation including;
o Test plans and reports
o Design reports
o Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
• Compile engineering accomplishment documentation, drawings and instructions for continued airworthiness including;
o Engineering drawing
o Service Bulletins / accomplishment instructions
o Aircraft and component manual supplements
• Where required, review and approve documentation produced by other members of staff or by suppliers to provide assurance of successful showing of compliance with relevant customer and regulatory requirements.
• Current or recent employment within the aerospace industry working with an EASA Part 21, Subpart J Design Organisation/FAA ODA
• Able to demonstrate a comprehensive working knowledge of EASA regulatory and applicable airworthiness requirements including CS-25, JAR-25 and FAR 25 requirements.
• Previous experience as a Cabin Safety & Interiors Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE)/Authorised Representative (AR) is desirable.
• Knowledge and experience of aircraft interior reconfiguration programmes with a high level of attention to detail and capability of reviewing design packages.
Knowledge and experience of integration / installation of third party equipment / product on large aircraft platforms.
• Ability to work on multiple programmes with varying level of requirements efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to prioritise workloads and show flexibility to changing situations / demands.
A person of integrity who values attributes like trust, honesty and respect, comfortable working in a collaborative environment, willing to share knowledge and wisdom and not afraid to admit limitations.
You enjoy working under pressure and are willing to ‘go the extra mile’, you are adaptable and resilient with high expectations and higher aspirations.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree within Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering and experience in a related aircraft design environment.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More