EASA Modifications Senior Electrical/Avionics EngineerFrimley, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This new role is based within the Boeing Global Services EASA Modifications Team in Frimley, Surrey; where we hold EASA and GCAA Part 21J Design Organisation Approval (DOA). This centre has a highly skilled team of engineers that is growing in 2022.
BGS EASA Mods are looking for a multi-skilled Senior Electrical/Avionics Engineer to support the certification of large aircraft modifications to demonstrate compliance with relevant regulatory and customer requirements and procedures defined in the company’s Design Organization Handbook (DOH).
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working with the global engineering services team, across multiple time-zones, in order to identify engineering requirements and solutions for active and upcoming aircraft cabin flight deck and cabin interior projects.
- Lead certification activities to ensure compliance with design requirements, and be a technical focal for certification and design/integration issues relating to electrical /avionic equipment and systems changes as part of large aircraft modification programmes.
- Compile and review engineering accomplishment documentation and instructions for continued airworthiness including;
- Wiring Diagrams.
- Wire routing installation drawings, and harness fabrication drawings.
- Service Bulletins / accomplishment instructions
- Aircraft and component manual ICA supplements including wiring diagram manuals, system schematic manuals and EWIS assessments.
- Compile and review certification documents to demonstrate compliance with relevant electrical systems related airworthiness requirements including;
- Electrical load analysis documents
- Test plans and reports
- Compliance Statements
- System Safety, Equipment and EWIS documents
- Compliance checklists
- Certification programmes
- Review and approve documentation produced by suppliers to provide assurance of successful showing of compliance with relevant customer and regulatory requirements.
- Act as Boeing representative during customer meetings such as ITCM, PDR, CDR and FAI in support of active and up-coming projects. Provide additional on-site support to assist the customers’ during the embodiment phase of the project.
This role will require occasional national and/or international travel to visit customers and subcontractors.
- Current or recent employment within the aerospace industry specifically working with an EASA Part 21J Design Organisation (or equivalent) is essential.
- Current or recent appointment as an EASA Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE) with terms of approval relevant to the Electrical Systems (Panel 5) and/or Avionic Systems (Panel 6) disciplines is highly desired.
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive working knowledge of EASA regulatory and airworthiness requirements including (E)TSO, CS-25, JAR-25 and FAR-25 requirements (relevant to the electrical/avionics discipline).
- Knowledge and experience of aircraft interior modification programmes with a high level of attention to detail and capability of reviewing design packages with a high emphasis on electrical systems including in-flight entertainment, connectivity, cabin and emergency lighting and changes related to the introduction of new electrical or electronic equipment.
- A high level of attention to detail and professional integrity.
- Ability to work on multiple programmes with varying level of requirements efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and show flexibility to changing situations / demands.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues and customers to embody the core values of the business: Honesty, Integrity and Transparency.
- Willing to help develop, mentor and coach less experienced staff.
- Experience navigating OEM data systems for specifications and standards.
A person of integrity who values attributes like trust, honesty and respect.
You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, are willing to share knowledge and wisdom and not afraid to admit limitations.
You are adaptable and resilient with high expectations and higher aspirations.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award