Engineer - Avionics SystemsFrimley, England
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems.
We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position is based within the Boeing Global Services Aircraft Interior Design Centre in Frimley, Surrey; where we hold EASA and GCAA part 21 Design Organisation Approval (DOA). .
To support the design and certification of aircraft flight deck and cabin interior modifications by generation, review and approval of certification documentation to demonstrate compliance with relevant regulatory and customer requirements. Be a Subject Matter Expert for the aircraft avionic systems including systems related to control, instrumentation, navigation, indication & recording and communication.
• Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working with the global engineering services team, across multiple time-zones, in order to identify engineering and certification requirements and solutions for active and upcoming aircraft flight deck and cabin interior projects.
• To be a technical focal for engineering and certification issues relating to Integration of avionic equipment and systems for Minor Design Changes and STC Applications undertaken.
• Develop substantiation documentation in order to demonstrate compliance with relevant avionic and systems related airworthiness requirements and have the ability to provide compliance verification when not directly involved with the compilation for documents including;
o Test plans and reports
o Compliance Statements
o Equipment and Wire Analysis documents
o Compliance checklists
o Certification programmes
o System Safety Assessments
• Compile engineering accomplishment documentation and instructions for continued airworthiness including;
o Engineering drawing & wiring diagrams
o Service Bulletins / accomplishment instructions
o Aircraft and component manual supplements including wiring diagram manual, system schematic manuals and EWIS assessments.
• Review and approve substantiation documentation produced by other members of staff or by subcontractors to provide assurance of successful showing of compliance with relevant customer and regulatory requirements.
• Current or recent employment within the aerospace industry working with an EASA Part 21, Subpart J Design Organisation.
• Able to demonstrate a comprehensive working knowledge of EASA regulatory and applicable airworthiness requirements including CS-25, JAR-25 and FAR 25 requirements.
• Knowledge and experience of aircraft modification programmes with a high level of attention to detail and capability of reviewing design packages with an emphasis on avionic systems.
• Previous experience as an Avionics Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE) is desirable.
• Ability to work on multiple programmes with varying level of requirements efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to prioritise workloads and show flexibility to changing situations / demands. (Ability to manage time and tasks to shifting deadlines)
• Ability to work effectively with customer engineers and embody the core values of the business: Honesty, Integrity and Transparency
• Willing to help develop, mentor and coach less experienced staff.
• Experience navigating OEM data systems for specifications and standards
A person of integrity who values attributes like trust, honesty and respect, comfortable working in a collaborative environment, willing to share knowledge and wisdom and not afraid to admit limitations.
You enjoy working under pressure and are willing to ‘go the extra mile’, you are adaptable and resilient with high expectations and higher aspirations.
Ideally hold a minimum Bachelor’s Degree within Aerospace/Aeronautical or Electrical / Avionic Engineering and/or experience in related commercial aircraft design fields.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More