Engineer- Cabin Interiors
Job ID 10794 Date posted 01/07/2019
Engineer – Cabin Interiors
CDG, a Boeing Company
CDG is wholly owned, non-integrated subsidiary of The Boeing Company. It is a global operation with 1,500 employees in the twelve offices across the UK, India and America. The company specialises in supporting the Aerospace and Defence sector with Aircraft Interior Reconfigurations, Technical Documentation and Engineering Learning Media.
This new role is based within the CDG Aircraft Interior Design Centre in Frimley, Surrey; where we hold EASA and GCAA part 21 Design Organisation Approval (DOA). This centre has a highly skilled team of engineers that is growing in 2019.
To support the design and certification of aircraft interior modifications by generation, review and approval of certification documentation to demonstrate compliance with relevant regulatory and customer requirements.
• Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working with the global engineering services team, across multiple time-zones, in order to identify design requirements and their associated solutions for active and upcoming aircraft cabin interior reconfiguration projects and third party equipment integration.
• To be a technical focal for certification issues relating to Interior Integration and Cabin Safety for Minor Design Changes and STC Applications undertaken by CDG.
• Develop substantiation documentation in order to demonstrate compliance with relevant regulations and provide compliance verification functions when not directly involved with the compilation including;
o Test plans and reports
o Design reports
o Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
• Compile engineering accomplishment documentation, drawings and instructions for continued airworthiness including;
o Engineering drawing
o Service Bulletins / accomplishment instructions
o Aircraft and component manual supplements
• Where required, review and approve documentation produced by other members of staff or by suppliers to provide assurance of successful showing of compliance with relevant customer and regulatory requirements.
• Current or recent employment within the aerospace industry working with an EASA Part 21, Subpart J Design Organisation.
• Able to demonstrate a comprehensive working knowledge of EASA regulatory and applicable airworthiness requirements including CS-25, JAR-25 and FAR 25 requirements.
• Previous experience as a Cabin Safety & Interiors Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE) is desirable.
• Knowledge and experience of aircraft interior reconfiguration programmes with a high level of attention to detail and capability of reviewing design packages.
Knowledge and experience of integration / installation of third party equipment / product on large aircraft platforms.
• Ability to work on multiple programmes with varying level of requirements efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to prioritise workloads and show flexibility to changing situations / demands.
A person of integrity who values attributes like trust, honesty and respect, comfortable working in a collaborative environment, willing to share knowledge and wisdom and not afraid to admit limitations.
You enjoy working under pressure and are willing to ‘go the extra mile’, you are adaptable and resilient with high expectations and higher aspirations.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree within Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering and a minimum of 3 years' experience in a related aircraft design environment.