Engineer - Electrical Systems
Job ID 10792 Date posted 01/09/2019
Engineer – Electrical Systems
CDG, a Boeing Company
CDG is wholly owned, non-integrated subsidiary of The Boeing Company. It is a global operation with 1,500 employees in the twelve offices across the UK, India and America. The company specialises in supporting the Aerospace and Defence sector with Aircraft Interior Reconfigurations, Technical Documentation and Engineering Learning Media.
This new role is based within the CDG Aircraft Interior Design Centre in Frimley, Surrey; where we hold EASA and GCAA part 21 Design Organisation Approval (DOA). This centre has a highly skilled team of engineers that is growing in 2019.
To support the design and certification of aircraft flight deck and cabin interior modifications by generation, review and approval of certification documentation to demonstrate compliance with relevant regulatory and customer requirements. Be a Subject Matter Expert for aircraft interior electrical systems including in-flight entertainment systems, cabin general and emergency lighting, connectivity and PED power.
• Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working with the global engineering services team, across multiple time-zones, in order to identify engineering and certification requirements and solutions for active and upcoming aircraft cabin flight deck and cabin interior projects.
• To be a technical focal for engineering and certification issues relating to Integration of electrical equipment and systems for Minor Design Changes and STC Applications undertaken.
• Develop substantiation documentation in order to demonstrate compliance with relevant electrical systems related airworthiness requirements and provide compliance verification when not directly involved with the compilation for documents including;
o Test plans and reports
o Compliance Statements
o Equipment and Wire Analysis documents
o Compliance checklists
o Certification programmes
• Compile engineering accomplishment documentation and instructions for continued airworthiness including;
o Engineering drawing & wiring diagrams
o Service Bulletins / accomplishment instructions
o Aircraft and component manual supplements including wiring diagram manual, system schematic manuals and EWIS assessments.
• Review and approve substantiation documentation produced by other members of staff or by suppliers to provide assurance of successful showing of compliance with relevant customer and regulatory requirements.
• Current or recent employment within the aerospace industry working with an EASA Part 21, Subpart J Design Organisation.
• Able to demonstrate a comprehensive working knowledge of EASA regulatory and applicable airworthiness requirements including CS-25, JAR-25 and FAR 25 requirements.
• Knowledge and experience of aircraft interior modification programmes with a high level of attention to detail and capability of reviewing design packages with a high emphasis on electrical systems including in-flight entertainment, connectivity, cabin and emergency lighting and changes related to the introduction of new electrical or electronic equipment.
• Previous experience as an Electrical Systems Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE) is desirable.
• Ability to work on multiple programmes with varying level of requirements efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to prioritise workloads and show flexibility to changing situations / demands. (Ability to manage time and tasks to shifting deadlines)
• Ability to work effectively with customer engineers and embody the core values of the business: Honesty, Integrity and Transparency
• Willing to help develop, mentor and coach less experienced staff.
• Experience navigating OEM data systems for specifications and standards
A person of integrity who values attributes like trust, honesty and respect, comfortable working in a collaborative environment, willing to share knowledge and wisdom and not afraid to admit limitations.
You enjoy working under pressure and are willing to ‘go the extra mile’, you are adaptable and resilient with high expectations and higher aspirations.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree within Aerospace/Aeronautical or Electrical / Avionic Engineering and/or at least 3-10 years' experience in related commercial aircraft design fields.