Boeing is the world’s leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft, with capabilities in rotorcraft, electronic and defence systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems.
Our reach extends to customers in 145 countries around the world, and we are the number one U.S exporter in terms of sales. Boeing has a long tradition of aerospace leadership and innovation. We continue to expand our product line and services to meet emerging customer needs. Our broad range of capabilities includes creating new, more efficient members of our commercial airplane family; integrating military platforms, defence systems and the war fighter through network-centric operations; creating advanced technology solutions that reach across business units; e-enabling airplanes and providing connectivity on moving platforms; and arranging financing solutions for our customers.
The Senior Logistics Analyst primary role will be to manage the operations of logistics in the support of the movement for Boeing’s supply chain for Boeing Fleet Care Services in United Kingdom, as well as logistics requirements to move parts for our EU domestic and global suppliers where Boeing is responsible.
These duties include, but are not limited to;
· Provides support for the current operational statement of work to secure cost-effective transportation services.
· Assist with the day to day operations of a 24/7 shift desk providing logistics services to customers and internal departments of Boeing
· Analyse carrier performance data for cycle time costs and business process review. Interfaces with internal/external compliance organizations and the Boeing Compliance Offices.
· Meet with Transportation Service Providers as needed on performance issues and actively manage key performance indicators (KPI’s)
· Investigates loss and damage claims to carriers.
· Designs transportation plans and solutions.
· Provides program managers with the development of transportation plans.
· Assists with interpreting and applying logistics policies, processes and methodologies to support business initiatives.
· Applies knowledge of logistics and transportation methodologies in support of organizational objectives.
· Prepares documentation to support routing and logistics functional requirements.
· Assists with and performs International freight transactions in accordance with Federal and Regulatory Agency guidelines.
· Collects and analyses data and information from multiple sources in support of transportation and logistics business initiatives.
· Assists and work with an external service provider with documentation and certification of shipments of dangerous goods and support to compliance initiatives. Works with Transportation Service Providers for booking and routing support.
Supply Chain and Ops
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
• Data analytical skills
• Ability to work independently
• Computer skills – Microsoft outlook, excel, power point
• Ability to make decision
• Strong Customer Service skills
• Strong knowledge of trade compliance with exporter of record/importer of record requirements
• Ability to prioritize and manage work load to support urgent requirements/support
• Dangerous Goods awareness
• Strong Leadership Skills
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position.
Make sure you list all of the Countries in which you are a citizen. If you have work authorization for a country that you are not a citizen of, please explain this on the top of your resume. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award