Simulation Integration & Development Engineers (Hybrid)Frimley, England; Bristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Boeing Defence UK as a Simulation Integration and Development Engineer to support simulation and software development programmes.
About the role
We are seeking Simulation & Integration Engineers to support Defence and Security domains at Boeing locations and Customer sites across the UK, including Autonomous Systems, C4ISR Systems, Training and Simulation, Cyber, Space, Intelligence and Security.
As a consequence of our growing business we have a number of exciting career opportunities within our Mission Systems Engineering Capability, which is responsible for the Research and Development of Advanced Technology and the Design, Development and Certification of our Mission Systems and Sub-Systems.
You will join a rapidly growing Engineering Capability with a culture for development, collaboration and success. Initially you will be assigned to our Simulation Programmes, which operate across the Air, Land and Maritime domains, with future opportunity to develop your interests across the breadth of the Mission Systems portfolio.
We work in an exciting, faced-paced and dynamic environment, but your wellbeing is important to us, and we strive to find a healthy life balance and with an ethical team culture and strong emphasis on openness, collaboration, innovation, safety and first time quality.
The role is hybrid in nature, and the candidates must be able to commute to our Frimley campus 2/3 days per week.
What we are looking for
To be successful you will have an appreciation of simulation software and systems engineering principles as well as experience working as part of a team to deliver technology-based products.
You will be a passionate and collaborative engineer eager to work in an agile and diverse engineering capability with a degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering or scientific field, as well as:
Essential experience in:
- Experience developing simulation software against a set of requirements or needs
- Simulation development or application experience
- Appreciation of systems engineering practices and principles
- A degree (or equivalent) qualification in Computer Science, Engineering, Systems Engineering, or an Engineering related field
- Appreciation of Agile Software Engineering best practices
- Experience with one or more of C++, C#, Java, or closely related language
- Experience with VR Force / VR Engage, familiar with Physics based Modelling
- Familiarity with modern integrated development environments including agile management, version control, issue tracking, code review and continuous integration methods and tools (ideally the Atlassian toolset) Engineering, Systems Engineering, or an Engineering related field
- Familiarity with DevOps, Automation and CICD concepts
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering principals
- Familiarity with Solutions Architecture principals
- Familiarity with whole lifecycle Software Engineering exploiting contemporary tools and processes
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to acquire Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to acquire a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities