Systems Engineer (Research, Development & Engineering Strategy)Frimley, England; Bristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are currently recruiting Systems Engineers with experience over a wide set of domain areas and across the Engineering lifecycle into a recently formed R&D (Research & Development) and Engineering Strategy Department. This department has been stood up to provide more focus and accountability for all Engineering activities related to future business and the growth of BDUK. Aside from technical work you will also have the opportunity (should you wish) to support company initiatives, for example, quality improvements, promoting a safety culture, promoting Diversity and Inclusion, mentoring and coaching, STEM outreach and a number of company-wide focus projects. This role is fundamental to the successful growth of BDUK and it will require you to work both proactively and autonomously with a diverse team of colleagues with varying experience across different business areas, domains and backgrounds.
If you like variety in your day job and would love the opportunity to collaborate with international colleagues to shape and help deliver the future for a rapidly growing UK part of the Boeing Company then this job may well be perfect for your next challenge!
As a BDUK employee you will have access to flexible working arrangements, benefits packaging, employee incentive programs and study assistance. You will also have access to many resources that you will be able to leverage to inform and support your development throughout your career with us. This is a full-time role based at either Bristol or Frimley with some hybrid working options.
Although no two days will be identical this role typically encompasses:
- Planning, tracking and delivery of R&D projects
- Development of Technology and Capability Roadmaps
- Support and leadership to further develop the Engineering Strategy for BDUK
- Development of business cases to support R&D investment decisions
- Tailoring and application of engineering initiatives, best practices and processes
- Working closely with Business Development and BDUK Strategy functions
- Support to campaigns, bids and proposals
- Relationship building and engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Working with Supply Chain to build a supplier base for future growth
- Driving a collaborative and inclusive culture between UK and global teams
- Continuous improvement
Preferred Qualifications and experience:
- A Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in Engineering, Systems Engineering, or an Engineering related field
- At least 5 years of Engineering Experience some of which will have been spent in industry-led R&D or the Front End of Business (e.g. campaign or proposal phase)
- Evidence of skills in collaboration and excellent delivery to customers
- Sound knowledge of associated IT systems, and Systems Engineering
- Experience in some of following areas: C4ISR, Air Platforms, Mission Systems, Communications Systems and Networks, Training Systems and Training Related Technology, Model Based Engineering, Software Integration, Data Analytics and Information Management, awareness of Product Safety and Certification
We have scheduled dates in May (10th and 19th) to hold conversations and interviews with interested candidates. If you have experience in non-aviation or defence industries, but have solid experience in Systems Engineering, we would be very happy to invite you for an informal exploratory conversation with one of the team. We would appreciate the opportunity to understand how your skills and experience to date would align, bearing in mind our continued drive to increase diversity within the organisation!
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities