Transportation Analyst (Fleet Care Services)Frimley, England
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft, with capabilities in rotorcraft, electronic and defence systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems.
Our reach extends to customers in 145 countries around the world, and we are the number one U.S exporter in terms of sales. Boeing has a long tradition of aerospace leadership and innovation. We continue to expand our product line and services to meet emerging customer needs. Our broad range of capabilities includes creating new, more efficient members of our commercial airplane family; integrating military platforms, defence systems and the war fighter through network-centric operations; creating advanced technology solutions that reach across business units; e-enabling airplanes and providing connectivity on moving platforms; and arranging financing solutions for our customers.
The Transport Analysts primary role will be to manage the operations of logistics in the support of the movement for Boeing’s supply chain for Boeing Fleet Care Services in United Kingdom, as well as logistics requirements to move parts for our EU domestic and global suppliers where Boeing is responsible. This role is based in Frimley and will involve 12 hour shifts (days and nights). Shift pattern to be confirmed.
These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides support for the development of the statement of work to secure cost-effective transportation services.
- Analyse carrier performance data for cycle time costs and business process review. Interfaces with internal/external compliance organizations and the Boeing Compliance Offices.
- Meet with Transportation Service Providers as needed on performance issues and actively manage key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Investigates loss and damage claims to carriers.
- Designs transportation plans and solutions.
- Provides program managers with the development of transportation plans.
- Assists with interpreting and applying logistics policies, processes and methodologies to support business initiatives.
- Applies knowledge of logistics and transportation methodologies in support of organizational objectives.
- Prepares documentation to support routing and logistics functional requirements.
- Assists with and performs International freight transactions in accordance with International transport regulations
- Collects and analyses data and information from multiple sources in support of transportation and logistics business initiatives.
- Assists and work with an external service provider with documentation and certification of shipments of dangerous goods and support to compliance initiatives.
- Works with Transportation Service Providers for booking and routing support.
Significant regional logistics experience with expertise focused on export and import requirements within the United Kingdom, Europe and USA.
- Data analytical skills
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Ability to work independently
- Computer skills – Microsoft outlook, excel, power point
- Ability to make decision
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Strong knowledge of trade compliance with exporter of record/importer of record requirements
- Ability to prioritize and manage work load to support urgent requirements/support
- Dangerous Goods awareness
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date. Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Relocation Assistance is not available. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll. Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More